Locking wheel nut key

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

As there were limited numbers of the locking wheel nut keys, I'm hoping someone has gone one the same as mine which is spare or surplus to requirements....

IMG_1688_zpse4s9iykx.jpg

Would need posting to Gosport, Hampshire or I can collect if within reasonable commuting distance.

Thanks!

If you can't find one:
https://www.lockingwheelnutkeys.co.uk/
But, it's probably quicker to use a locking nut removal tool, and fit a replacement set.
Plenty of 2nd hand ones on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-KA-FIESTA-LOCKING-ALLOY-WHEEL-NUTS-M12-X-1-15-SET-OF-FOUR-/122504717086?hash=item1c85d9a31e:g:ni4AAOSwuMZZHxn5

Thanks for the info YOG.

I've looked for the removal tools but am dubious as to whether they will fit.

Screwfix and Halfrauds both do the same set/pair but the reviews don't make for very good reading due to them apparently being a different size to whats advertised.
That leaves Ebay but I'm dubious again as I can't be sure the side walls are thin enough to fit in the nut recess of the wheel. If they don't fit it's harder to return them.

I've only got one to undo as I managed to get the other three off before I broke the key on the fourth and not overly bothered about replacing them at this time.
You should see one of the standard nuts that's also too tight to undo then you'll see the problems I've got! lol

Might be worth a call to your local tyre fitter, to see how much they charge to remove one locking wheel nut.

YOG said:
[post]363025[/post] Might be worth a call to your local tyre fitter, to see how much they charge to remove one locking wheel nut.
Another problem being the car is a project I'm working on and is currently laying up in a garage with an expired MOT!

CherryVimto said:
[post]363016[/post] As there were limited numbers of the locking wheel nut keys, I'm hoping someone has gone one the same as mine which is spare or surplus to requirements....
I've got one I don't want. I'll dig it out later and see if it matches up.

I've got the complete set and almost enough to make a few more sets up, only 12 so probably possible to match that one but I'm always dubious doing it by eye.

Shame you're not closer, piece of cake with the car present.

Frank said:
[post]363029[/post]
CherryVimto said:
[post]363016[/post] As there were limited numbers of the locking wheel nut keys, I'm hoping someone has gone one the same as mine which is spare or surplus to requirements....
I've got one I don't want. I'll dig it out later and see if it matches up.
Thanks Frank!

Ian G said:
[post]363035[/post] I've got the complete set and almost enough to make a few more sets up, only 12 so probably possible to match that one but I'm always dubious doing it by eye.

Shame you're not closer, piece of cake with the car present.
Hi Ian

I've found some on Ebay but the seller has a few different sets and I'm not confident they will send the correct set!

Maybe this picture will help identify it...

Locking%20Nut_zpscpcr5nar.jpg

From what I've seen on Ebay, I suspect the code for it is 83382914, but that's only by looking at dodgy/blurry pictures!

I'm a bit reluctant to over spend on this as I've only got one to remove and the set will be discarded afterwards.

CherryVimto said:
[post]363038[/post] Thanks Frank!
Sorry, can't find them. They are in the garage somewhere - the 4 wheel nuts and the key, all together in a bag..but no idea where.

Don't know why I kept them (just because you do) - couple of years back, that 4th locking wheel nut took me almost 2 hours to get off and I swore I'd never, ever, have locking wheel nuts ever again.

I will keep an eye open for them though, coz they're out there somewhere. :)

Thanks Frank.

The remaining standard nut is trashed to the extent that it doesn't look like a nut any more so doesn't look like the wheel will be off any time soon.

Looks like I'll be stripping the suspension and hub off and grinding off the back of the studs :(

There's no part number which identifies the pattern, any number you do find will usually only refers to it being that part, not which specific key it is.

Is that one in your pic one of yours? That's more help than the damaged key TBH

Ian G said:
[post]363074[/post] There's no part number which identifies the pattern, any number you do find will usually only refers to it being that part, not which specific key it is.

Is that one in your pic one of yours? That's more help than the damaged key TBH
Yes Ian, that's the nut/pattern I need a key for.

No part number? I assumed wrong then as the ones I found were numbered and also had a colour associated with them, with the one I require being identified as 'GREY'...

That certainly looks good Ian! Shame I have to go to all this just to undo one! If it works I may as well post it back to you as I won't need it again! That's if it's still in one piece with how tight that nut is!

I checked the key I had for my daily and it's exactly the same design but typically mirror image!

Latest posts

Back