Front Door Weather Strips

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
I hope somebody may be able to help with both of the doors external rubber door strip that fits to the door frame where the window winds down into the door.
I am currently stripping and repainting both doors as ones on car the metal interior has rusted and split the rubber causing the door itself to start rusting.
Thanks in anticipation

Hi Simon
This is a common fault but the seals themselves may still be available as James (XAF) just got me a new pair from Ford. Be aware though, they aren't cheap!
Barry

They are part number 1068402 and 1068404. Last time I tried they were around £61 each and only the passenger side was available. There is one on eBay at the moment - just search 1068404

Thank you both for the replies I will contact local parts department to see if they can help. I had been looking on eBay but didn’t really know what they are called.
The price is a bit frightening :shock: , but I don’t really see another option.

Hi
I replaced both of these recently and bought them new from Ford. I went to Foray Ford in September 2018.
The above part codes are correct and I paid 47.45 plus VAT for xxxx404 and 40.71 plus VAT for xxxx402.

I started a thread on how I replaced them elsewhere on the site, must finish it now though.
Straight forward to do but you need to remove each door mirror and take the door card off so buy some replacement clips just in case. These are 1044806 and 1.87 each plus VAT. N.B. you get both the male and female parts of the clip although the female part is the one that broke for me.

Kind regards Ian

Latest posts

Back