Purge control valve

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwppuma1

Hi all, engine light was on and we need a replacement purge control valve. We've tried online and seems like gold dust. Saw comments on here to the same effect. Has anyone got a second hand one for sale or know where to get one that isn't too pricey please? Thanks in advance

MK3 Mondeo purge valve will fit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303991813214

This is what I fitted to mine, the electrical connection is the same. You just need to make the pipes fit as the Mondeo part has slightly larger spouts

Jwppuma1 said:
Hi all, engine light was on and we need a replacement purge control valve.
If you are basing this on getting a P0443 dtc, then maybe try your petrol cap first as it might be loose or need cleaning.

I got a P1131 code suggesting a problem with the PCV (accompanied by high fuel consumption and lack of pokey-ness).

I sourced a used replacement PCV from Spain via eBay and installed it. It made no difference.

Eventually, I discovered that the air breather hose that goes from the air filter box to the engine was not fully pushed onto the spout.

So, perhaps try that first - and check the condition or your air box and filter - and clean your MAF while the bonnet's up.

Skyrocket said:
I got a P1131 code suggesting a problem with the PCV...
A P1131 doesn't really suggest that problem -
https://www.engine-codes.com/p1131_ford.html

P1131 FORD Possible Causes
What does this mean?

Faulty Upstream Oxygen Sensor Bank 1
Fuel pressure high or low
MAF sensor dirty/defective
Vacuum leak on engine
Leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator
Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

Sorry, I meant PCV as in Purge Control Valve (EVAP solenoid), not Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

Anyway, it was a loose air filter breather hose in my case (i.e. 'Vacuum leak on engine').

Oh, and it was P1130 not P1131. Apologies.

Latest posts

Back