Fit 300mm Brakes how to guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kev6970 said:
FlashBastd said:
Steve's wheels are 7Jx16ET35 "Cosworth Design" wheels from the accessories catalogue. They are very similar to the 6.5Jx16ET40 Mondeo Zetec wheels, but crucially have an offset which better suit's the Puma. The Mondeo wheels IMO make the car drive like a dog.

Thanks for the info.
What 'accessories catalogue' ??
Ford themselves or other company??

O/T, and sorry for that, but from the Ford accessories catalogue.

There was a thread about them within the last week or so, which included the FINIS code, but I can't find it right now.

red said:
The information about the older servo vs the newer servo has been around for a while.

I don't recall anyone actually testing the theory though.

Steve and I corresponded about this quite a bit, I have been spouting this crap for a while, but didn't manage to get (all) of the bits together, Steve actually got around to doing it! Several guys on zsoc have done the same and been pleased with the results.

Credit is actually due to Tony @ PS, it was him who suggested it to me.

Just bizarre that it doesn't seem to make any difference on a FRP, but no matter, that it makes a difference with Mk3 Mondeo and/or ST170 brakes is the important bit.

yippeekiay said:
15's with a little grinding to the carrier's to avoid catching the inner rim but will fit most 16's without any grinding but I've also heard some had to fit wheel spacers in case the carriers caught the inside face of the wheel on both 15's & 16's.
Mine fitted with plenty of spare room all round for my 16's.

View media item 388

Thanks mate if i keep the car i am deffo doing this is the bolts dealer part only

The part number for

Caliper Carrier bolts x 4

is now EXPIRED!

New Part Number is 1447853 (tcH £6.36 for 4)

Cheers! :twisted:

All Mk3 Mondeo calipers are the same.

Hi all I like to do this but am sill on the shit 15" rim that come on the car from will the rim fit over the bigger disk all dk I need to get new rims 1st

you can get them to fit under 15s but need to grind the carriers down to get them on its a lot easier to go for 16s or 17s! :eek:k:

hi guys just wondered is it alot of grinding needed to be done on the carriers to get it to fit behing 15's?? :?: also have looked on fleabay and noticed most of the mk3 discs i look at are 5 stud? i only got 4!! or am i being dense?

Yea i noticed that after i asked! :oops: but thats all i need now as just robbed me dads spare set of calipers for his mondeo :-D just need to see how much to grind of hopefully none!

Latest posts

Back