Help! Engine Bay wiring

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel son

Hi guys,
I know this is my first post but i see most of you know your way around your cars and think this is the best forum to try and help.

Problem: Basicly i have a 2002 puma 1.7 engine and wiring loom. I trying to make the wiring loom as a stand along wiring loom running a pererate loom for the engine bay meaning i will be running two ecu`s in my car. This is only because my car is analogue and the loom is digital....
I know people may say this is impossible and pointless but i know it can be done.

If anyone knows of anywhere i can get an ecu pinout sheet then this will help me greatly. So far i have the immobiliser ring wired in correctly with corresponding key and all the lives, switched lives and earths running correctly to all the sensors but when the engine turns over there is no spark, and all the sensors powered by the ecu have no power.

Sorry for the long read but this was the quickest i could explain the situation. :)
Thanks in advance for any help given.

Cheers Dan

if your running 2 ecu's are you sure you have the right ecu programmed for the keys,also it seems a long winded way of doing something,what have you done exactly so as we have an idea of what you have done and why!!!

Hi mate cheers for the quick reply.
Right basicly i have taken the engine bay wiring, fusebox and ecu out of my donor car with the engine.

I then followed the fiesta wiring diagram to get rid of parts of the loom that i wasnt going to use or didnt need. Things like the lighting circuit. Basicly i have simplified the loom so i am running the bare essentials needed to run the engine. Along the way i have found the earths lives and signals to every sensor using wiring diagrams and knowledge. Labelling everything as i go.
This is so i can run all the earths togeather onto a single point of earth. I then am left with one constant live which is the ecu memory. The rest of the live wires are running through the fusebox which i have made which is powered by a big relay so when i turn my ignition key the fuse box then becomes live and powers everything.

I know this is long winded, but this was a loom i got with the engine and instead of going out and buying an analogue loom straight away i decided to give it a try. Now i have done it i know its so close to working it must only be something very minimal from holding the ecu back from working.
All i need is this piece of information so i can run through the loom checking everything and then hopefully finding the problem.

Yea thats what i thought, so i traced back the wires and checked my information to make sure they were wired in correctly. They are, Also i think the immobiliser is working because when i test the crank position sensor its ready 1.5v. This means the ecu is turned on because the cps is powered only by the ecu.

The way i have wired the coilpack plug with my own live which is what it needs. There is 3 wires on the coilpack. The middle is the permanent live and theres 2 sensor wires either side of this which go back to the ecu which tell it when to spark. I am getting no reading out of these at all. But it could be that they run on switched earths ?

Have a flick through Warren's thread, he may have done an ECU pin-out amongst his many diagrams!! :p
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back