Highest mileage Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slayllian said:
But surely they should push over 200,000 if looked after? my dads first Mondeo managed 310,000 and was still going (barley) when he sold it.

I've never heard of one being that high. I'm sure there's no Puma on here with that kind of mileage! looks like the highest we've got is 141,000!

Hi Guys, Guess I can beat all of yours. My 'T' reg 1.7 has just past 160,000 and as far as I know is all as it left the factory.Certainly I've never done other than normal servicing in the past 5 years.I've spent a fortune on the other bits mind you! regards to all, Susie.

SUSIE. said:
Hi Guys, Guess I can beat all of yours. My 'T' reg 1.7 has just past 160,000 and as far as I know is all as it left the factory.Certainly I've never done other than normal servicing in the past 5 years.I've spent a fortune on the other bits mind you! regards to all, Susie.

Now that's some good going :thumbs:

lb81 said:
SUSIE. said:
Now that's some good going :thumbs:
Well, certainly hats off to you on that! 8)

My car has amazed me. Done 82k which I know isnt high but I genuinely dont think it would have driven any better the day it left the factory. No rattles or squeaks and still pulls really well.

I'd never been in a Puma till I bought mine.. the sound from the 1.7 after 4k revs is brilliant!

slayllian said:
But surely they should push over 200,000 if looked after? my dads first Mondeo managed 310,000 and was still going (barley) when he sold it.

Is that a diesel Mondeo though? You would expect a diesel to last longer.

143,654 for my V reg

Jono 3 said:
My car has amazed me. Done 82k which I know isnt high but I genuinely dont think it would have driven any better the day it left the factory. No rattles or squeaks and still pulls really well.

I'd never been in a Puma till I bought mine.. the sound from the 1.7 after 4k revs is brilliant!

I know what you mean, mine feels exactly as I bought it when it was only 70,000. And that subtle engine tone change is great I agree :grin:

Morgan funk said:
slayllian said:

Is that a diesel Mondeo though? You would expect a diesel to last longer.

143,654 for my V reg

Yep, was the old 1.9 ford turbo diesel engine on a 98R reg, so that's probably a lot to do with it.

Mind I got my little 1989 Orion 1.6 Ghia Auto to nearly 150k, but it was the bodywork that let it down, engine was still plodding! god I miss that little car, noisiest tappets on the planet! they seem to be so rare now! want one for my next project, but can only find good show ones and they cost thousands, or right old wrecks, which look about to explode!

One I found on eBay some years back had, IIRC, 238k, and just found this one on 223k: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-puma/1008700867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my 1.4 is on 191 k and still going on the original engine!!! Uses a litre and a bit of oil every week! lol

Mines at 93500, cambelt change 13 months ago and I think it's JUST starting to flag a bit. Only last week I pointed out to my girlfriend that it didn't seem to 'put me into the seat' so much any more, and I've noticed a definite plateau of power in high revs.

Buuuuuut it's still super fun. For me it's all about the handling.

Prob needs a service or new spark plugs or something, they don't just die (unless something major has happened like the nikasil lining - but that isn't as common as people make out).

Mines sitting at 126,00 and now needing new plugs and a service I think as it seems to be losing a little of the "back in your seat" go that it had when it came out of the garage with its new belt/head gasket/plugs etc last year.

Looking to keep it as long as I can so aiming for the stars with the mileage :grin:

crystalpuma said:
Prob needs a service or new spark plugs or something, they don't just die (unless something major has happened like the nikasil lining - but that isn't as common as people make out).
Put it thorugh a full service in December which incidentally fixed an overheating problem I had suspected to be thermostat or HCV. So I don't think it's that... :roll:

I just assumed these things happen if you thrash a car for too long :p

Latest posts

Back