Pippa Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, spike. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't well chuffed with my recent purchases.

Just remembered the nice roll of this I've got as well:
Cloud2go%2010%20Mar%202012%2018:02.jpg

No, no... it's all legit (and from multiple sources). Probably won't be going anywhere exotic on holiday this year though... and the new laptop idea has gone right out the window!! :roll:

spike. said:
erm, why buy FRP spares without having an FRP?
Is that not the done thing?

a) I think I'm going to need to own an FRP at some point to complete my Puma experience, so if/when that happens I'll be well set. (if there are any left, given that paulob1 seems intent on buying them all!)
b) This stuff doesn't turn up every day - so as and when these things come up, I buy it, because I know that when I *really* want it, no bugger will be selling any of it.
c) I can enjoy my "pretend FRP" (i.e. boggo Puma with FRP touches) in the meantime.

Can you point me in the right direction of where you bought your seat covers from please?

Cancel that!!! I've just clicked the link. Don't think I can warrant £110 though!!

Cheers

Alex

The "Covers for said bucket seats" text in my list is actually a link you can click on in the first post - should take you straight there, I forget the name of the company off the top of my head.

Alex_gregory_uk said:
Cancel that!!! I've just clicked the link. Don't think I can warrant £110 though!!
Ha - yeah, they weren't cheap. Absolute perfect fit, and with the proper licensed Ford Racing logo, though.

Should really get around to putting the bloody seats in, having spent a ruddy fortune on seats/covers combined. Got some top hats the other day - will probably get on it this weekend.

damo :-) said:
This projects shaping up nicely fella

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Damo
Cheers Damo - sorry I didn't acknowledge this sooner; only just seen it. Haven't done anything to the car in the last month except clean it so haven't been on this thread!

Seats are in (sorry for the rubbish photo - I'll get a better one when it's lighter tomorrow):

Cloud2go%206%20Apr%202012%2020:01.jpg

What a mission! Thanks to Ian G, El Dude, PhilLew and Steavie for helping with bolt sizes and stuff. (Torx bit T50 attached to a breaker bar for the seatbelt pretensioners for future reference - as I found, you're not going to get them off with a screwdriver!)

Just took her out for a spin round some twisty country lanes - makes quite a difference those seats; you stay put round the corners instead of sliding about like you do on the leathers. Best thing is they're a couple of inches lower so now I can see the top of the speedo which I couldn't before. Overall, pretty pleased.

Would I do it again? Probably not. Not looking forward to the day I have to swap them back. It's a two-man job really - it's a bugger getting the seats to stay in place while you do up the bolts.

Looking good, although I will say, just in case you haven't noticed.... the material on those seats does look a tad baggy!! :p

The passenger seat cover fits like a glove - but I did that one before I put the seat in. Turns out that's the way forward; don't know why I didn't do them, both at the same time tbh. I can't be arsed to sort out the driver's side one today; I'll look at that tomorrow.

Looking good, although I will say, just in case you haven't noticed.... the material on those seats does look a tad baggy!!

Methinks your subtle hint of irony / sarcasm may have gone over his head on this occassion lol :)

quest63 said:
Looking good, although I will say, just in case you haven't noticed.... the material on those seats does look a tad baggy!!

Methinks your subtle hint of irony / sarcasm may have gone over his head on this occassion lol :)
Me thinks you are right!! lmao!! :lol:

Haven't really got much to report - just been enjoying driving her. Managed to pick up some reasonably priced FRP rear seats to match the fronts (photo to follow).

Now all I need is the door cards and the interior will be complete! :D

I've been holding onto the leather seats in case I didn't get on with the FRP seats and wanted to put it back to standard, but I'm really happy with them so if anyone wants some leather seats in good nick, kept clean and fed with Autoglym leather balm, make me an offer.

Latest posts

Back