Fit 300mm Brakes how to guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bettie boo said:
hi guys just wondered is it alot of grinding needed to be done on the carriers to get it to fit behing 15's?? :?: also have looked on fleabay and noticed most of the mk3 discs i look at are 5 stud? i only got 4!! or am i being dense?

I would advise against grinding down as quite a lot needs to come off plus because they run so close you probably will have problems with the cooling to the pads and heat issues. If you need to run 15 inch then run 280mm brakes , they fit under 15 inch wheels easiest fit are the ST150 brakes .

also with regards to running calipers silly close, iv seen accidents caused when stones get trapped in between caliper and wheel and cause the wheel to lock up

this is the BEST guide iv seen looks easy i can get my head around it now i now to use focus st170 discs

Sorry to bring up an old thread but would mk2 mondeo st calipers fit straight on?

dragging up an oldie here but whats to stop you using the focus st170 calipers and discs instead of using the mondeo calipers

i have the st170 discs and calipers on my sportka and the only modification i had to do was drill out the hubs for the bigger m12 mounting bolts and then bolt them on ????

gav. said:
dragging up an oldie here but whats to stop you using the focus st170 calipers and discs instead of using the mondeo calipers

i have the st170 discs and calipers on my sportka and the only modification i had to do was drill out the hubs for the bigger m12 mounting bolts and then bolt them on ????

Nothing....

short answer but to the point, thanks , will nab the full break setup off the st170 in my local scrappy instead of just the rears now

why is it required to swap to a earlier servo and master cylinder

is the old master cylinder a different bore size for brakes if not shouldn't make any difference unless its a duff one

Flying Scotsman said:
gav. said:

Nothing....

Apart from price lol, they are the same calipers yet you will pay a hefty ST "tax" if buying 170 ones

When I did this mod, the calipers cost me 20 quid.

Voa said:
bettie boo said:
hi guys just wondered is it alot of grinding needed to be done on the carriers to get it to fit behing 15's?? :?: also have looked on fleabay and noticed most of the mk3 discs i look at are 5 stud? i only got 4!! or am i being dense?

I would advise against grinding down as quite a lot needs to come off plus because they run so close you probably will have problems with the cooling to the pads and heat issues. If you need to run 15 inch then run 280mm brakes , they fit under 15 inch wheels easiest fit are the ST150 brakes .

Hi, sorry for dragging this old post up but I just want to ensure that I am doing the right thing on this for obvious reasons. I do not want to be grinding having read the warnings in earlier posts

I am running the 15's (9spoke) but want to upgrade the breaks as the car is for tracking. what do I need to convert from start to finish. I can follow the how to do guide which is pretty awesome however I just want clarity on the parts/discs/callipers. Also can I use braided hoses?

Hi,

The biggest/best/safest option to take on the track. I don't want to be grinding anything down as I don't feel comfortable doing so, nor do I wish to have the risk that is mentioned above about debris lodging in their or lack of clearance causing overheating.

Latest posts

Back