wanted ford racing puma cam locking tool!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calversmk5

hey guys,
as the title states really, im after a frp cam timing tool. you can either pm me on here or your best bet would be to give me a call or text on 07717 006575.
cheers :)

Maybe take a look at this:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thats wicked thanks, it doesnt look that difficult but i would rather spend the decent money on the tool as will be used more than once or twice, still looking guys :)

thanks blue but i really do need my own one. there was one on ebay recently and it declined my bid with 3 seconds to go, was soo gutted :( do these turn up on ebay often?

They come up on eBay every now and then, but when they do, you will find they sell for around the £100 mark and often a bit more on top.

The original tool was made by a company called SPX, and you can still buy them direct from them.

Unfortunately you have just missed out on a group buy of tools, orgisined by a member on RPOC. Theses tools are direct "Copies" of the original tool.

Surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility for someone that has one of these tools to measure it up and draw it up so others can be made and so end the mysticism and expense involved?

From what I recall, the only difference to a normal cam locking tool is that the exhaust cam is advanced at 2 degrees or something?

All the info is on RPOC, but it's in the paid member section.

Credit to coopersmotors from RPOC for the below.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

That's like an Indiana Jones stalf puzzle where you don't know how long it actually is to make it.. :lol:

Although the 7.5mm slot is just clearance so not that critical...

group buys with frp's take bloody years!

with spx you can't buy as an individual, need to be a company

i have an account if you run into trouble and can paypal me back but im off work for a few more weeks

still want one ordering? iv had a manic week so just remembered!!

Latest posts

Back