VIN plate

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild E. Coyote

Puma Supporter
Just a quick post. Mine VIN plate (sticker) cracked. And it was badly placed in first place...

So I thought, I'll do it right! And made my own VIN plate to be glued under the front windscreen. I used 3 mm thick aluminum plate and had it engraved. I just did my own preparation work. I wasn't able to source exactly the same font as on original but found the Andale Mono MT Std Bold to be a good match.

And here are the plates together. As you can see the numbers are a bit different, but letters are ok IMHO

I'll glue it in place probably this weekend... Like it already :grin:

:cool: That's great, plus you'll not find anyone comparing the font with their own one when they look at it :grin:

These would be great for anyone that's missing one to!

I looked for something like this 'off the shelf' for my brother when he owned FRP165 as it was missing both the window and cross member VIN plate from memory.

If you need it, I can send you indesign document, or PDF. Or, if it that is too much trouble, just send me the desired VIN and I'll supply you with the end product in vector that should be readable by everyone with CNC machine....

I was looking for the letters to mach. Perhaps you could find another font that is closer for numbers (I tried few hundred of fonts), but felt this is the closest to the real font VIN plate uses

Bentleya said:
Wow! that looks fantastic, Once it's all fitted in place it would hard to see it has a different font.

As I am to complete my ICE project (finally!) I took out the twitters and put in the VIN plate.....

And slightly different angle

And from top....

it looks nice, I'd say....

Anyone interested; when steering wheels go back to UK, what's a few VIN plates more in the package? :cool:

Dude I'm getting one of these, do you think you could put the "Ford Racing" logo where the ford logo is?

Something like this? (Just saw the question, sorry about that!)

Just one remark: The Ford logo is impossible to be done like this so it is done in reverse mode, so to speak. The area that is here blue is going to be blank, and the lettering (here in white) is going to be coloured. As it is on my VIN plate

Latest posts

Back