Highest mileage Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe mine is around the 113k mark but it is currently broken so while it may not be the highest, it's certainly not very healthy.

I have had my Puma 1.7, 13 years this year T reg 1999 - 130.000 on the clock and never let me down ever. Changed the Heater Control Valve last year myself as was having heating problems and fan kept kicking done some research after mechanics failed me and found out it was the heating control valve knackered cost £50 all in all to fix - very happy(via You tube instructions from a mechanic who was spot on with the problem) No cambelt change yet though so really pushing my luck but booking it in this month as dont want to tempt fate - love my car.. cant seem to find anything like the puma - not even close.....

We have two pumas on 130 and 167 thousand respectively. Both still pull well but the one with the most miles on is the quicker out off the two.

Hi I'm new..I wanted to share that my 1.7 puma has over 182,000 miles..and the car has been to le man's twice..runhinged likea a clock

Hi,
Mine has done 132k it still runs smooth and pulls well. However some of the horses must have left the stable by now, I would imagine they must have got away due to vale deterioration. I want to fit a modified head in the future for two reasons, the standard head must be coming up for a referb to restore performance, so whist going to all that trouble why not fit a modified head. I am not sure if whilst at it do a overhaul of the rest of the engine. I am not sure how many miles to expect before a engine rebuild.

Regards,
Richard.

I've owned my puma from new 1999,so 19 years.
The mileage was 161,000 before it lost compression on one of the cylinders.
I've just had another engine fitted so hopefully, it will last me a few years if I don't sell it next year.

This was the highest I have seen. The odometer is in km.

PA280566.jpg

The engine was spotless, and running like a clock!

My old silver puma hit 258k before it was written off. Link below is from when it "got to the moon" :)

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22625&hilit=moon

Latest posts

Back