FRP Duratec Turbo Project!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaNoob said:
Good man, i look forward to meeting you. SO i assume youve never seen an FRP before then either? There will be some very nice models there, you need to see Alex with FRP 401, that thing is like it just came out the showroom! And Aaron Bentley and Simon (Blue3) also have very clean FRP's.

Will you drive your Puma over or are you flying? It would be awesome to have some European Pumas on the Project puma stand!!
I will bring my Puma.
And let me tell you another story; Hopefully I will own a FRP in a few years, because I have plans of importing one to the Netherlands. Just need to save up some cash so probably won´t happen anytime soon.. :-(

nice one, good to have an international presence and for the record Alexs is better than they came out of the ford factory ;)

I now have 800 miles on my engine so I'll be cranking the revs up to 5000 now won't be long before I'm at full revs now, and the car is feeling pretty sweet. I've been ironing out all the niggles, a few boost leaks, the sump plug just resonating off the lower strut brace, it wasn't enough to make a knocking noise but enough to make the a vibrating noise when lifting off after acceleration. It's all sorted now with a flat head sump plug.

The low end on this set up feels so much better and more responsive then the old set up. Hopefully I'll be updatin next with how it feels at 7000rpm! :grin:

Sounds good! I do envy the setup that you have going on there but hopefully I will be able to join the club of crazy Puma's soon with my 350bhp turbo build!

Got family up in b'ham so will definitely have to pop up and arrange a meet sometime soon.

Wow finally read my way through this thread. Can only add to what others have already said, this is insiprational.

Amazing work, the research alone that went it to this build must have you taken ages. :clap:

Massive admiration for what you have built, for sticking with it despite some horrible set backs, and some envy of your wide range of skills.

Not sure "PumaNoob" is a really approriate username, your epic level of talent is offensive :p :grin:

Hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on. :)

Not going back on track?? I had it on track at RS Combe on Sat, no point in building a car like this just for the rd!! But certainly not at ford fair! It would just be ally nice to drive it there & back!!

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate the ongoing support from you guys.

The engine just clocked over 1100 miles so I cranked the revs up to 6000rpm, and boy does she fly now. I'm not sure if it's because I've not driven a quick car in a while but it feels immense! So took it on a few parade laps at RS Combe on Saturday, didn't really push it but it's wens to handle a lot better now, I'm not sure if it may have been out before and Pumabuild have put the geometry right, or it's the lower strut brace, but it feels more rigid and true. I'll get some videos up when I can, but for now I have some pics from the Combe.

Lol, is that you Graham?? Didn't know that was your user name, hopefully we will get to meet on track again some time and really see how the nitrous goes around a track!! And yeah Dan, you could be right, I don't know what it is but I'm happy it's feeling good now.

PumaNoob said:
Lol, is that you Graham?? Didn't know that was your user name, hopefully we will get to meet on track again some time and really see how the nitrous goes around a track!! And yeah Dan, you could be right, I don't know what it is but I'm happy it's feeling good now.
Yes its me.
Your car sounds fantastic with the chirping from the dump valve.
As you were beside me on the parade for quite a while Alex got lots of photo's of you :)
Plus you can hear your car on the video camera I had mounted in my grill.

I was intending that to be that last track outing for my FRP as the Sunbeam Stiletto has been built for track fun.
But I expect it will still do the odd day :wink:

Yeah she got some excellent pics, it's just a shame we could barely get any speed up, but it was fun all the same.

And yes Wild E, it was fun, but a little like driving in traffic, there's only so fast you can go before being held up. I can't wait to get back out on track properly and push the car a little!

Hi again all, im sorry its taken me so long to update the thread, i just dont seem to be able to find time lately!!

Anyhow, for those of you that dont know, my Puma made it to and from Ford Fair for the first time without the need of a tow!! A huge acheivment for me! :lol: I also managed to steal some trophies!!

And here's me looking like a doosh, and Alan when we got our trophies!

And here is a pic i think Cartman took of my car on the stand

The car has been off the rd for a few weeks as i mapped in some popping on overrun and ive blown the turbo gasket to smithereens!!

So ive brought an uprated cometic copper gasket, hopefully that will do the trick, and if not im going to try a different manifold flange and turbo hot side.

While it was off the rd, my good friend Mr E. Coyote got this custom made for me, im VERY pleased with the way it came out!!

The car is all back on the rd now, ive put a V-band flange in the downpipe to make turbo removal easier in the future, it took me a whole day to remove the turbo and manifold because i had to remove the drivers side shaft, drain gear oil, centre shaft, shaft bearing carrier, drain gearbox oil, drain coolant, remove radiator, remove engine mount so i could move the engine forward, remove lower strut brace and wishbone, and remove intercooler pipes! But now i can remove it from the top so most stuff can stay in next time!

Needs a retune and hopefully ill be able to post up some vids!

Latest posts

Back