Corley Turbo Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good so far intercooler looks better behind the bumper looks more like a sleeper

I've just come back from a weeks holiday in Wales - the local sheep coudnt get enough of my ST lol and would visit the car every night :)
rh8qgz.jpg

1pf61v.jpg

Puma updates - im at the start/stop stage now where i start some jobs need a part then stop and wait for it to arrive which is adding to the time this taking :)

battery relocation complete:
ipcfbs.jpg

more space!
33le8au.jpg

fitted oil sandwich plate and made good progress with oil feed, pretty much complete now. Really need to start oil return got all the parts just struggling with the sump removal at the moment.

13yjrk5.jpg

started work on inter cooler pipe work
21dhkef.jpg

14l6om9.jpg

check to see it it fits behind bumper and it does
j6lzdi.jpg

to do list now
start/finish oil return
fit and install oil cooler
continue inter cooler pipe work
cut down and finish work on exhaust

from ebay just search "saab 9000 turbo exhaust downpipe"

link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=saab+9000+turbo+exhaust+downpipe&_sacat=0&_from=R40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corley said:
from ebay just search "saab 9000 turbo exhaust downpipe"

link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=saab+9000+turbo+exhaust+downpipe&_sacat=0&_from=R40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the info.

I had previously found those but was dubious as to the quality. I ended up getting a section from the turbo at a scrapers for £6

some more progress:

the rest of the intercooler pipe work is now complete and so is the intake to the turbo, will clamp it all in place at a later date
b68wh5.jpg

oil sump off ready for oil return
rwib8h.jpg

oil cooler bodged in place - i am currently making up the hoses for these
11lohli.jpg

Getting closer now, just waiting for a few more parts to arrive!
comments and feedback welcome!

Really like the idea of using the standard air box instead of a cone filter. Looks great so far.

Good idea if you have not already done is get the FRP airbox modification for the extra intake hose.

Will keep checking and keep up the good work!

Cheers

Ally

another update:

Got my exhaust down pipe made and tack welded - heres a before and after kinda thing:

bg1h05.jpg

have my fuel pressure regulator fitted:
ixwk94.jpg

still having issues with my oil return which is now the last big thing to sort out before i can fire the car up!

I have a Wideband and boost gauge to fit in the mean time

exhaust down pipe fully welded now and i took a pic as i was fitting, should compare this pic to the original one on my first post :)

2sanlhw.jpg

Finished my oil cooler + hoses today with the sandwich plate all installed.

All thats left now is the oil return which is a major pain!

oil return is being a git! i am struggling to get the turbo outlet to line up with the oil sump - there is very little room and with connectors i have like 1cm of hose lol so no wiggle room.

Anyway i have a cunning plan so stay tuned.
After oil return is sorted i can start putting the car back together and fire her up!

Latest posts

Back