Project Black

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma Lee

Hi everyone
Im Lee

Ive been a member for a while and thought it was about time I started my own project thread.

I've read through some great projects & got a lot of inspiration & hopefully I can add to that with mine.
I have a lot of ideas & a lot planned for this project so bare with me, I appreciate any advice & any help.

To start with I haven't got the best First image of the car but this is how she looked when I bought her.

Purchased: 2014 ...v reg 99 black puma

She only cost me £200 & with one service stamp missing in her life, I would say she's in pretty good condition! The rear arches were also done in 2014 so that was a bonus.

Bad points on purchase:

Abs and Tc light was on - turned out to be the drivers side
dash surround had a crack - £5 fix from scrap yard
N/S wing needs replacing - rust at bottom, so will replace
O/S door lock not working - need to take apart to check

She isn't perfect, but im happy that i can keep another puma on the road.

First job (abs sensor)
2eoi3oo.png

I checked both front abs sensors and found out my O/S side had no reading , so i picked up a sensor from work and got to changing that.

I had a little problem :oops: I broke the old sensor in the hub so i had to take off the caliper & the disc and gently with a small flat head tap it through taking care not to damage the abs ring.
eaqolg.png

After i removed the broken part of the sensor from the hub, i cleaned up the hub with my dremel and then applied copper grease to help slide the new sensor in place & to help if in the future i need to remove for any reason.

Light went straight off, all fixed.

Next job i decided to do was the gear knob, i thought it needed a clean up.

2j41vgm.jpg

This was the state it was in!

98uiyw.jpg

All cleaned up with a paint

I have done alot more work to the car & have more pictures, so i will update and add more when i can.

Yeah i know its become very addictive but im hoping to follow my plans lol, we will see how far that goes though.

I didn't take it off, i left the tone ring in place and then taped the broken part of the sensor through, sorry if i didn't make it clear lol

My next job was the frp airbox mod, I had this on a previous puma and i liked the grunt it gives.

Added a k&n panel filter (brand new for £15 so i thought why not)

I then thought i should clean up the maf.

Better then it was atleast.

I got a new Aerial as my old one was hanging on, Decided to go with the sleeker look bee Aerial.

I wanted clear repeaters for ages , so decided to get a set from work.

I wasn't planning on getting a set, but i came across a set of recaro door cards for cheap so it would of been wrong not to buy them.

Old door card

New door card :grin:

I haven't had the chance to do the rear cards yet, but i think it gives a modern feel and completes the look just from having the front cards in.

Just thought id add a picture of how the car looks so far.

Will be adding coil overs soon but i like the look so far.

I thought id do a quick update, haven't had the chance until now

I have had to fix a few problems over the last few months

*Lambda sensor burnt out
*Fan not kicking in but working with AC
*Timing belt & drive belt
*rocker cover leaking

So basically this is how the rear interior was looking...

sorry not the best picture i was cleaning it all out at the time!

Needed a good clean

Looking much better with a hoover.

I then decided to update my rear door cards to match the front.

also went for the leather rear seats to match

Front seat looking abit sorry

I was going to clean them at first or buy leather front seats.

but then i see these...

Needed a clean!

All cleaned up and fitted to the car. maybe not everyone's cup of tea but i like them.

I then started work on adding a front splitter

I didn't take a picture of the splitter on its own or in the daylight, sorry.

All cleaned up with the splitter newly added.

Had the M.O.T the next morning.

Only one advisory, very happy about that

More to come.

:grin:

Loving the black car with white wheels. Looks very clean inside and out. Also really like the interior work you've done and those seats look very comfy and supportive! Looking forward to more pics from this as the last one was a bit dark. Keep up the good work! :grin:

Yeah sorry i do have more in the daylight and will update soon :grin:...

Will get round to this soon front N/S wing needs replacing, I came across two rot free/ treated wings didn't need O/s but i thought why not.

£25 each which is not bad

I do have a silver N/S wing treated if anyone needs one + O/S black wing in good condition.

Done some work on the O/S door sill

got it back to metal and treated, got rid of the bubbling in places and rust

Treated and looking much better, i do have some door plates to go on ... need to add them and do a picture though.

What front splitter did you use and where did you get it from? I'm loving your Puma mate. Its clean and subtle. Great work

Splitter came from cherryvimto on the forum, originally made by Richard Mansfield another forum member. made from fiber glass
great item, really does the job and looks the part.

I haven't updated in a while , Ive done and had a few upgrades/changes to the car

Most recently i have had the car undersealed/treated
before

after

Looks so much better and i know it will be protected for years to come.

i put some new alloys on.....caliper/disc looking a little small behind there

but i had a update in mind for a while..

looks the part and stops like a nothing eles

this is how she looks atm...

i have alot more images to upload soon so stay tuned! but can anyone guess whats next for the car? :grin:

Ooft what's left to do? :)

Can I ask what type of front seats those are please? Did you put the Ford decal on yourself?

Latest posts

Back