Puma millennium over revving

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willienelson

Hi all

Apologies if this has already been covered before but I'm having an issue with my puma millennium whereas the engine is over revving.

On start up and rev the engine it's fine, but when I drive off and come to a junction the engine revs seem to stick at 3000 revs and slowly drop unless I press the accelerator when it goes higher and stays there.

I've fitted a new throttle position sensor which hasn't worked and the butterfly is behaving ok I think.

I've heard about disconnecting the battery for a half hour but I haven't got a radio code to reset when reconnecting.

How do I go about finding a radio code, or does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Willie

Check the grommet where the throttle cable goes through the bulkhead, and last time I needed a code the very nice girl at the service desk of my local dealer gave me it free

Radio Code LookUp:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=139541#p139541

Many thanks to all, I'll have a good look in the daylight at the bulkhead.

Would disconnecting the battery reset the ecu do you think?

Rick, I haven't checked this but I will, how would the clutch switch affect the engine speed?

Apologies if this is a daft question!

It's linked to the ecu and gives control over the revs when changing gear.

Clutch pedal switch is in position, bulkhead not fouling the cable.

I'd appreciate any ideas!

Feels to me like an ecu fault rather than mechanical but I've no idea how to reset it

Cheers

Latest posts

Back