FRP Duratec Turbo Project!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am feeling it today, I'm not having another late one :?

So this is how my manifold used to be (this is an old pic)

The collector is quite basic

This is the new improved (hopefully) manifold completed :cool:

And the turbo is now fitted with the tial housing, and mounted to the manifold once again.

Also got my titanium woven turbo blanket. It's all coming together now!

I still have to make my downpipe and wastegate pipe, and wrap the manifold, make a new oil return, and fit it all back in. Still a bit to do but I'm hopeful now!!

Well done mate!! Really impressed you've managed to get this far. Looking really hopeful! :thumbs:

Like Ben says this is fast work! Makes my list of things to do before Sunday look like child's play..!

I'm pushing my luck a little, manifold and turbo are wrapped & bolted on, new EGT sensor fitted, & most of the downpipe is made.

Today's tasks are to finish the downpipe, plumb the external wastegate into the downpipe, fit the coolant lines to the turbo, extend the intercooler hose, make a new oil return, and fit induction hoses.

Fingers crossed I'll make it, even if I have to work through the night to get it done :lol:

Thanks Sinisa, I know there would be a LOT of help if people were closer!

I'm cutting it fine, found out my intercooler pipe was too short as I've moved the position of the turbo, so having the hard pipe extended :?

While I'm at it, might as well get the downpipe welded up! Spent the morning getting the V-band for the wastegate positioned properly, so once welded up, I've just got to go home and wrap the downpipe, fit it and the wastegate, and fit the water lines, then make an oil return from whatever I can find in my garage :?

Then try and get it cleaned! Soooo close!!

PumaNoob said:
[post]355219[/post] Then try and get it cleaned! Soooo close!!

Sod the cleaning - get it on stand tomorrow and I'll clean if for you!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wild E. Coyote said:
If I see correctly, that is TIG welding going on, isn't it?
It is indeed mate!

Dal said:
Sod the cleaning - get it on stand tomorrow and I'll clean if for you!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:lol: :lol: I'll hold you to that mate!

Well, I'm pleased to say, I've just finished, feels like I've been at it for months!! I still need to take it for a test drive, but it's all back together & ive given it a quick clean!

Ford fair here we come!!

Thanks guys, the car drove faultless to and from the show, although I had to rewire the rad fan as the standard ECU wasn't switching the fan on and I didn't want to get caught out in traffic.

Just an update for those that don't know, the night before Fordfair, when I thought the car was ready, I was a little off on that one :oops:

I took it for a test drive at 11pm to make sure all was well, it felt great, powerful and drove as it should. But on accelerating hard, I noticed a trail of smoke behind me! I looked under the car and the oil return pipe had melted! The pipe I used wasn't heat resistant, so now all the oil being pumped into the turbo, was just draining onto the floor. I checked the oil, and there was none on the dip stick. Luckily the oil light had not come on yet so nothing had run dry, but I didn't want to risk driving it home. I was 2 miles from home so had to run home, get some oil & and a new oil return pipe, and ride my pushbike back to the car. I was working on it until 3am, but I was not going to miss ford fair!!

Fair play to you. Its an awesome car and you sound like nothing was going to stop you making Ford fair :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back