Mk1 Focus RS powered Puma, now going RWD, JWRC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For your power goal, I'd have thought either a GTX2867 (I think they max out around 400hp) or a GTX3071. My choice would be the 3071, it has the flow of the GT3076 (like mine) but has the spool near the GT3071. My only worry was that it's most efficient at quite high boost, but if your set up for high boost, would be an awesome choice. I don't know anything about the other turbos so can't comment.

Be good to have a catch up mate! :cool:

To achieve the 400 at the hubs, I would need something that's going to be capable of 500 horses I would guess.

I was looking at a 3071 last night. The BorgWarner's are nice turbos with built in boost solenoid and dump valve :cool:

Hopefully catch up on Sunday :cool:

Just thought I'd update with some photos from a couple of weeks ago.

I thought it was more sunny that day, but obviously not!

Nothing to report other than a small oil leak from the gearbox where the two halves of the casing bolt together :roll: which is an engine and box out job to fix :eek:

Otherwise it's reliable, I've been driving it around with no issues other than lots of wheelspin if the tyres aren't warm :lol:

Looking good Ben. I think I said it at Fordfair but that Zetec install looks tailor made for the Puma.
Barry

Looks like the air filter is in the wing (?) So long as it has a splash guard it's safe right?

Does look great, I absolutely love the exhaust manifold - good job

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]356573[/post] The engine bay is tidy to OEM standard. Clap-clap-clap! Just one question: where is your air filter? I assume the battery is in the back?

See page 1 Sinisa :wink: Air filter is in front of the left wheel, boxed in.

Battery is in the boot, page 14

TimSaunders said:
[post]356575[/post] Looks like the air filter is in the wing (?) So long as it has a splash guard it's safe right?

Does look great, I absolutely love the exhaust manifold - good job

Ok, got some plans for the car or a car. And I'm pretty sure of what I want to do, so here goes..

Would anyone be interested in my Puma shell in Ford Aubergine, obviously ready to take 2.0 blacktop and MTX75 gearbox? This would include the engine mounts and adjusted subframe to suit, so basically bolt in and go with all your stuff.

Ideally I would like to keep wheels, suspension, brakes in addition to the obvious of engine, gearbox, radiator, omex, gauges etc.

Recaro interior could go with also.

Alternatively, I could put another engine back in it, either 2.0 zetec N/A or FRS, and sell to someone as fully working again perhaps.

I want to do another (Puma) project and it's definitely going to happen - I just want to find the best way of doing it and I've put a lot of work into my shell that would be redundant with what I want to do, seems a shame not to use it.

Please reply/pm if serious. Can come and view the car also.

Nope :grin: although an ecoboost Puma would be good, Barry.

I'll be using my engine, spent too much on it not to and is capable of much higher horsepower. If my research is correct it would be a first.

Ben

I'll spill the beans when I've got some pictures ;-)

Seems a shame if someone can't use my shell though.

Think I might have found another shell, needs two rear arches but no surprise there.

Ok, so what if I put a 1.7 back in my shell? Or 2.0 N/A zetec to sell... really don't want the shell to go to waste :-(

it would be a shame to throw this shell :?

In France a shell not rusty is very rare ... a stunning shell like yours ... impossible !!!
or very expensive to make it ... a simple paint cost more than 2000 € if it rusty ... almost double !

After searching for a while and discovering that there really are very few low mileage Puma's left, I came across this one that has been sat for a while. It is in need of some TLC in the bodywork department, as expected - it seems that the bodywork isn't really affected by mileage, but by time and how much of the elements it's seen, which would make sense. This one is no better than another one I recently picked up that's done 115,000 miles.

And the best bit....

Will probably keep this one Silver as it's easier. I did want Magnum Grey, but seeing as they only came as a Thunder, they are demanding a higher price and seems a shame to cut one of those up anyway!

I'll be putting a for sale up for my Aubergine shell soon - It's got to go otherwise I can't start this project. Price depends on what goes with it.

Latest posts

Back