mudflaps

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOG said:
[post]351013[/post] I've got a brand new set of Ford Puma Mud Flaps, somewhere in the garage. I'll have a look later, and post pics of them unfitted. Also, I think I have a new set of the Cannon ones, if I have, I'll take pics of them as well.
Here's the pics, excuse quality, taken on mobile:
Puma Front Mudflaps:
View from front of car:
View from rear of car:

Puma Rear Mudflaps:
View from front of car:
View from rear of car:

Cannon Mudflaps:
View from front of car:
View from rear of car:

Morning guys, so I've recently took all 4 mudflaps off to do my arches and noticed on the rear there were indents where the mudflaps sit flush. Like they have a knife edge cutting into the rear bumper. Have filled these and painted but was wondering if there was any suggestions for stopping it happening to the new paintwork?
Would it be as simple that they are moving about and just a case of securing them 100% so there is no movement?
Cheers Han

There's probably no guarantee, but maybe fit a foam/rubber strip on to the mudflap before fitting them back on?

Try some of this perhaps?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Car-Paint-Protection-Film-CLEAR-Vinyl-1-Meter-x-0-10-Meter-/320928415710?hash=item4ab8d2ffde:m:mZHZfG7LqzqWQJNmgDY5U5g

I thought that could be an option but it may make them protrude a little bit. Guess it's a case of trial and error. Ooh never thought or that dal but I've heard wrap can ruin paintwork underneath? Should I ever need to replace/remove it

Front end of my Focus has 3M Xpel on it - it won't harm your paint. Just make sure everything is squeaky clean before you start. If you're concerned, then just warm it slightly with a hair drier before removing to make it more flexible.

Yh I might just do that, you say you had it on your front end... It's good protection against stonechips and the like then? How far will a roll go? Seems a shame to buy one jus for 2 little strips where my mid flaps are

can buy it on ebay in all sorts of lengths - only a few £ for what you need.

Latest posts

Back