Work in progress

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hannah
If the springs for sale are the same as on the ebay pictures they are the wrong ones. I bought the cheapo £69 -40mm springs off ebay and they fit but completely ruin the ride at the front as with the standard struts they are probably sat on the bump stops.
Barry

Thanks Barry,
There are 3 on there at the moment, this one says picture for reference only..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231003219606
And these are the cheaper ones..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252249372528
??confused.com!!

One would it prudent to spend as much on rear coilies and save up again for the fronts??
Decisions decisions!
Also do you know what bracket I'd have on the rear? Fork or eye? Mines February 2000 registered

Hi Hannah
The second set are from Germany so a bit risky. The ones I bought don't seem to be listed anymore so I can't show you. I should ask the question before you buy are the springs the same diameter from top to bottom as Puma ones should be whereas later models have a smaller dia coil at the top, bottom or both and won't fit. Really the best thing to do is ask if anyone on here has a second hand set of eibachs for sale as they were a Ford option. Maybe Lee (The arch Bishop) has a set for sale.
Barry

Hi Hannah
Hard to tell about the mounts at the rear, best to get on the floor and look. The fork mounting has two brackets that come down from the shocker bottom mount that the mounting bolt goes through whereas the eye mount is like a cylinder at the bottom of the shock that the mounting bolt goes through.
Barry

Ok will take a look after work at the setup and post a wanted ad. Although brand new eibachs are only £30-£40 more, but christmas is coming up fast! Thanks Barry.

Oh!?
Ah it's the Sachs ones I've seen..any good do you know?
Also my rustproofing patchwork quilt is coming along nicely now :) 4 panels down, the 5 hardest to go!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not updated for a while and A LOT has been happening. Fibreglassed and filled both rear arches and stone chipped all round.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Now I know some of you wont agree with my colour choice as a lot of you wave the 'standard is best' flag but it's something I had always planned so I've been brave and bit the bullet. Here's a sneak peek anyway. No wooden spoon for me next year :grin:
image.jpg

I'm incredibly overdue an update here so the colour change went well. It has good bits and bad bits as expected with it being my first attempt, added a boot spoiler, new fog lights, angel eyes on the front, new gel badges, samco coolant hose kit and new engine cover to match :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013 KB · Views: 6,812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 6,812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 6,812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 6,812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 6,812
Engine cover....good
Spoiler..........good
puma detail in fog lights....very good
colour......good
wheels.......horrible :-(

Roomy said:
[post]357474[/post] No wooden spoon for me next year :grin:
You are going to be so sick if everyone else has also upped their game and you get that spoon again! :p

Tell us more about how you did your spray job and cost and things. I'm reckoning we're not talking rattle cans here?

zinc2000 said:
[post]361277[/post] Engine cover....good
Spoiler..........good
puma detail in fog lights....very good
colour......good
wheels.......horrible :-(
Yes I have gone off them also, funds are withholding a new set unfortunately. May put the props back on.
Frank said:
[post]361279[/post]
Roomy said:
[post]357474[/post] No wooden spoon for me next year :grin:
You are going to be so sick if everyone else has also upped their game and you get that spoon again! :p

Tell us more about how you did your spray job and cost and things. I'm reckoning we're not talking rattle cans here?
I fear I may get the wooden spoon again as its already showing signs of returning.
The whole prep and paint cost around £130 a big chunk of that being the paint which was £60 for 5 litres. I used a air compressor and a budget £25 spray gun, mid October in a one car garage. Yes I know not ideal conditions but I wanted to do it so jumped in feet first lol my roof and spoiler were rattle canned though as are my sideskirts which I'm waiting to have the sills done before putting on :)

Usually I don't like spoilers on the Puma but this one comes out nice actually :) like the black lights too, something different this one. I would change the wheels too, why not nice shiny silver props? It's all a matter of taste though. Gj

Roomy said:
[post]361308[/post] The whole prep and paint cost around £130 a big chunk of that being the paint which was £60 for 5 litres. I used a air compressor and a budget £25 spray gun, mid October in a one car garage. Yes I know not ideal conditions
Very impressed. I realise that the real life view is probably not as good as the photos show...but, even so. Colour is good and when you're sure you're keeping it then later on if the paintjob is not 100% then just flat it down and respray in better conditions. Looks fine in the pics though.

With darker cars (mine's dark green) a lighter bonnet grille at the front looks good. I tested the idea with aluminium foil wrapped over the existing black one and it look just right and so I then sprayed my grille Moondust Silver.

I do like ideas I can test first. :)

Frank said:
[post]361321[/post]
Roomy said:
[post]361308[/post] The whole prep and paint cost around £130 a big chunk of that being the paint which was £60 for 5 litres. I used a air compressor and a budget £25 spray gun, mid October in a one car garage. Yes I know not ideal conditions
Very impressed. I realise that the real life view is probably not as good as the photos show...but, even so. Colour is good and when you're sure you're keeping it then later on if the paintjob is not 100% then just flat it down and respray in better conditions. Looks fine in the pics though.

With darker cars (mine's dark green) a lighter bonnet grille at the front looks good. I tested the idea with aluminium foil wrapped over the existing black one and it look just right and so I then sprayed my grille Moondust Silver.

I do like ideas I can test first. :)
Not by along shot, she photographs so much better than it is. Unfortunately she's not my forever puma so not too fussed about the paint job, everyone has to start somewhere and this is my test run. She's too rotten to do anything long term with but she will be a donor for my next one :)
That's a great idea to test with foil first but anti chrome so anything chrome or light in colour had the black gloss treatment, will be putting my black prop alloys back on me thinks

Roomy said:
[post]361470[/post] That's a great idea to test with foil first but anti chrome so anything chrome or light in colour had the black gloss treatment
Yeah, same here. Proper chrome on a car is a bit of a dated look, I think. Btw, people tell me that what I call the bonnet grille is actually called the radiator grille. :)

Hi Hannah
Be quick buying the next one, there's not much out there left apart from the expensive ones,
Barry

Latest posts

Back