Mk1 Focus RS powered Puma, now going RWD, JWRC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to be honest here and say Dave is taking care of those for me because he said he knows how and where to get them made etc.

All the Lotus conversions usually use cable shift too so it's not uncommon. I've given him the standard FRS gearstick and cables so he can get the right ends to sort it.

Not just Lotus, GTM Libras as well :)

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/gtm_libra.html

tuonokid said:
[post]363320[/post] Not just Lotus, GTM Libras as well :)

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/gtm_libra.html

Interesting read :)

Thanks Photobucket :roll:

Got an update and photos and now can't do it, whilst they've destroyed this thread also.

Hi Ben
Yes they've done the same to me but I've retrieved my photos from them and slowly rebuilding mine so if you want to re-build, it's do-able.
Barry

Postimage and Flickr just now but I'm going to use more if available and then if they shut down it'll only disrupt part of my thread. You know you can easily get your photos back off photobucket if you haven't saved them to your hard drive?

I was thinking of flickr. We have a hosting domain for a website so I might just see about hosting them from there.

All my photos are on my phone and computer as well as Photobucket :thumbs:

I think it's more convoluted to get the image links, Photobucket was excellent but they've done a really bad job of monetising and are now basically holding people to ransom rather than any type of sensible subscription options. I don't use it all that much (0.5Gb / 10Gb). (I started using Flickr)

Went with Flickr in the end, so now I can do an update..

Progress :) Dave sent me some photos

Very pleased so far.

This time, with the new shell and engine position I went with the standard engine and gearbox mounts rather than custom which I had before with the engine in the front.
Obviously Dave has done the fabrication work to allow the use of these as you can see.

There's work of the subframe also, of which Dave decided to use the Mk1 Focus subframe as this seemed the best way to get the wishbone/lower arm mounting points in the best position.

The plan is to use FRS hubs, driveshafts and FRS/Mk1 Focus fitment shocks. We will get some toe in/out adjustment from new rods that will mount to the subframe.

More recent progress:

And work on the subframe, new mounting legs.

Anyone know how I can get the images to show? Over on the dark side of passionford they just show up with just putting the URL link in as above.

Thanks

Ben

35646987062_1045191604_c.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/Wj18kd

Hi Ben, it can be done post-upload, but not easily as there seems to be no real relationship with the link address and the image address.

I can run you through it, if you like, but each one would have to be manually looked up.

moondustka said:
[post]363963[/post] Over on the dark side of passionford they just show up with just putting the URL link in as above.
I'm guessing that on upload it gives you that option? Like this -

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm confused, I didn't do anything differently on PF, they just showed up as images.

How can I change it here? Don't want to burden anyone with the tedious task.

Thanks!

Hi Barry,

Just want the links to show as the images.. tried the different tags etc but didn't work.

Thanks,
Ben

moondustka said:
[post]363968[/post] I'm confused, I didn't do anything differently on PF, they just showed up as images.
Yep, some sites do this stuff slightly differently. Essentially, above you were posting the direct website links to the images, whereas you need to be posting the links for forums, i.e.

[url =https://flic.kr/p/UHj7x6]
[/url]

(I've broken the links so that the code shows up here)

You can tell the right one as it will always contain .jpg (or .png, .gif, etc) in it, which is the image 'extension'. No image extension in the link means no show here

Latest posts

Back