Mk1 Focus RS powered Puma, now going RWD, JWRC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ben
I hope this helps:
Left click the photo you want on Flickr, there are some symbols on the RHS of the page, left click the curved arrow facing upwards and to the right. This will bring the link up coloured in blue. Right click anywhere in the blue and a copy box comes up. Left click the copy button and go to PP. Delete the existing bad link and right click where you've just deleted and submit. Job should be a good 'un.
Barry

I've only got my phone, so no left/right click?!

Thanks Nick, Barry - let me take a look and see what I can get through the app!

I did think it strange that the those links actually worked on PF. Let's see what I can find!

moondustka said:
[post]363963[/post] Anyone know how I can get the images to show? Over on the dark side of passionford they just show up with just putting the URL link in as above.

Thanks

Hi Ben - it's a pain in the ass as far as I can tell. You need to find the link in the photo stream when you click it that has the BBC code (it may not be BBC but it's something like that!). I've started to do the beginning of my FRP thread it's taking a while.

Ben

XAF said:
[post]363975[/post]
moondustka said:
[post]363963[/post] Anyone know how I can get the images to show? Over on the dark side of passionford they just show up with just putting the URL link in as above.

Thanks

Hi Ben - it's a pain in the ass as far as I can tell. You need to find the link in the photo stream when you click it that has the BBC code (it may not be BBC but it's something like that!). I've started to do the beginning of my FRP thread it's taking a while.

And clearly don't trust anyone who even manages to mess up replying!!!!

XAF said:
[post]363978[/post] And clearly don't trust anyone who even manages to mess up replying!!!!

:lol:

All sorted now - thanks for your help guys. You can see them all now I hope! :)

Thanks guys, will be good to see it together with the subframe, hubs, shafts, uprights etc.

Will need work doing to the front suspension/geometry setup to handle properly after changing everything at the rear.

Got, hopefully, what will be a decent update with plenty of photos. Not sure there's really much to say..

These RS hubs and focus arms are going to need some prep and paint I feel. New chassis rail looking beefy though.

From the boot

Better photo from the front

Some new wheel tubs! I think it's fair to say these are pretty epic..

More of the gearbox mount

Work on the focus subframe

I'm really pleased with how it's coming along, and that I decided not to tackle this job myself - there's a bit more to it than I thought!

It's one way of getting rid of rusty arches :lol:

The rest of it on the car isn't that bad, mostly surface now - just a few holes in the floor to sort and a little more at the rear of the sills.

Wow that's a shed load of welding and it must have been really tricky to line everything up. I like how you've still got the track rod ends to adjust rear toe in/out.
Barry

I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. Call me Naive but I didn't think that 2-3mm made that much difference in bush position, for example, in terms of geometry, but that's sometimes all the difference!

Dave has thought it all through and explained how and why it's been done the way it has. A bit more to it than I thought and I'll say again, I'm glad I didn't tackle this part myself as I could have ended up with a car that doesn't drive very well and impossible to sort without starting again. Good to get it right at this stage!

Got another update..

New suspension turrets with adjustable top mounts have now been done.
They need some sleeve nuts to fix them though I think, there is just a spacer (comes with the adjustable mounts) resting there in these photos.

About 3 years ago now, I drew this on holiday (sad, I know).. I then bought all the bits 6 months later and then never got around to making them because I realised the turning circle would be shocking, the rear tube needed to be bent and then I couldn't make up my mind on what tube I needed as I knew what I've put on on the drawing would not be sufficient.

Anyway, I then spoke to Dave about my 'idea' and he said to send up what I've got. I said, you've probably got a better solution, but then he sent me these photos:

Said it was a decent design, he specced different tube as I'd already thought and made them. They are 30mm wider than standard to take into account the need for larger track width.

He said they would need to be made stronger for driven wheels but for this application they'll be fine, as there is a lot less weight and load on them. Apparently also the reason rose joints will be ok and won't become rattly because there's a lot less load than on a driven axle. Also why he's stayed away from a rose jointed arm at the rear, because it's going to be a road car, firstly, so polybushes will feel nicer and be quiet.

No photos of adjustment to front subframe yet (to take out the anti-dive).

Dave is aiming for end of the month for me to pick it up :top:

Adaptions top the front subframe. This raises the front mounting point of the lower arm.

And new, but fixed top mounts. These have been moved to accommodate geo and wider track.

Latest posts

Back