Project Sky Blue (Now TURBO'd)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SLEEMAN said:
[post]364893[/post] bloody hell glad you are fixing it! is that the nitrous blue or bragger blue?
It's actually just a colour from the RAL-chart. It's RAL5015 'Sky Blue'. Very close to Nitrous Blue, except that it is a solid colour and not a pearl/metallic based paint.

Brought the Puma to the welder yesterday. He said that it isn't a lot of work to get the panel back in, so I hope that it will be finished next week or the week after! :)

Pickup the car from the welder yesterday. He truly didn't lie about it being not a lot of work. He delivered amazing work and everything seems to fit how it should be. Even the floor is near perfect flat, you wouldn't even notice that the floor has ever been dented before. You can't even see that it have ever had a new panel welded in. So happy that the panel is finally welded in, heading in the good direction now!

l2gp71b.jpg

W6CghEc.jpg

Already started prepping a few things and will hopefully be spraying the primer this weekend and then seal all the joints with Sikaflex. Aiming to spray colour within 2 weeks if everything goes to plan. Then an MOT and I'll be able to drive it once again! :)

On other news. Also managed to fit the TAPE ecu in my Puma and it run really well on the ecu. Plan on getting the FRP map on it by Erroll just for the time being as I'm not sure if I should continue the turbo-build.

Proud of you, Brian. Many people wouldn't have had the determination and 'true grit' needed to get that back on the road again. Well done. :clap:

Just read it all in a few sittings, very nice car, props to you for sticking with it! In regards to the heat shields just bin them, I worked for various dealers over a 9 year period and we removed many heat shields due to rattling but didn't sell a single one! The manufacturers overbuild the exhaust system and you'll never have a problem without one!

Back with another update. Did a lot over the past two weeks. Managed to paint all the inside pieces such as the bonnet and tailgate. Also primed the rest with a filler primer and sanded it back with 1000 grit ready for the blue basecoat. Which will hopefully happen this weekend :)

Here are the photos of the progress I made last weekend:

Before I painted the rear panel I first sanded it, primed it and sealed the seams with Sikaflex 221 (brilliant stuff) after that I painted both in and outside of the panel.
Jwprm4E.jpg

eTgeePx.jpg

a6qGm89.jpg

OKgcTBj.jpg

As managed to repaint a few bits on the underside where the underbody material was a bit thing/forgotten. But haven't made a good photo of that. Only thing that's a let down on the underside now is the rear beam. But I might be switching to the eye-beam from the parts Puma I got and refurb that before it goes on.

Till next time with hopefully photos of a fully assembled Puma again :D

Happy to say that everything is painted now and back together. Everything fits as it should and closes as it should.

Really happy with how the body lines on the rear bumper came out. Was a bit worried about this considering the new panel that got welded in. But turned out really good!
kmkeYdj.jpg

RjF6fwh.jpg

Dc5xebZ.jpg

Also managed to completely strip the Melina Blue donorpuma. It's now ready for it's final rest place, quite literally as it was in really bad shape anyways. One of the quarters was full of body filler on some places around 0,3-0,4cm..

or9664D.jpg

Tonight I managed to fit the freshly painted hood back on the car and got the body lines pretty spot on. One side has a little bit more gap, but I'm not that fussed about that right now. It will close fine and will still look really good.
UdzDzw6.jpg

tIPzgAH.jpg

An overall picture of the Puma. Really happy with how it looks right now. Loads of little things to do to make it perfect, but they don't really have priority. Tomorrow it's MOT-time and after that I will be able to enjoy the Puma again for the first time in five months! :grin:

Can't wait to take it out for a nice photoshoot again and enjoy it :)

Got news.. sadly failed the MOT due to some BS. There was a brake balance difference on the rear. Never noticed anything of that, but whatever. Decided to let the garage fix it, but it will be done after the weekend.

Genuinely a bit upset.. :(

Latest posts

Back