My Puma 1.7, more than a year on (A works in progress)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Richard
The AVO ones seem really well made but if you look on their website the GTZs as I have are not suitable for track use but more for stancing the car which was what I was after anyway.
PM answered.
Barry

To carry on the brake de-rusting from yesterday I did the fronts today. As with the rears I didn't just de-rust the discs I did the grooves where the pads slide in.
Before;

After;

And then took it for it's test!

Result :grin:

Looks great Barry, wish I had the wherewithal to work on mine like that. That’s amazing - a completely clean sheet for a 17 year old car!

Will

Hi Will
Thanks for that and no advisories this year because I put the new wishbones on I got from Ben at Fordfair last year. From memory isn't your car a nice low mileage one as well?

Great stuff Barry. I do like the ride height on yours
too - how the factory spec should have been.

Yes mine is a 2 owner (including me) and ticked over 50k last summer. Its an early model and spent most of its early life sitting on a driveway in Wimbledon so it’s in not bad nick, if a little rust on the sills. Looking forward to bringing it out of hibernation soon when the road salt is gone :)

Looking good Barry, and you can’t beat a clean MoT sheet!

Hi Will
Yeah I think the ride height looks good now and at last the ride isn't too harsh as it's been previously with the lowering springs and 40 profile tyres.
I've just noticed by the wheels on your profile photo that it's an early car so 50k is really low mileage and at least if your sills go completely they can be replaced now.
I've got to wait until 1st of April now to drive mine as I only tax it April to September. :-(

tuonokid said:
[post]367982[/post] Cheers James, you still up for Sherburn 8th April?

I’m hopeful!!!

If I come it will be in the FRP, the black one is dead with a seized pump. Just haven’t had time to sort it

Hi James
It would be good to see you there alongside John's FRP {if he's there, but he usually is). Wish I could help you out with a fuel pump but the one out of my Thunder is going to be my spare.

Cheers Sinisa, looking forward to meeting you at Fordfair this year if you make it.
Can't believe our weather this year, woke up to this this morning!

And it's still snowing!!!!

We have had two weeks of blizzard and temps going down to -18C. Still snow piled around, but since it warmed up now we are facing possible floods. In Delnice region there was about 2 m of snow; the record since the begining of keeping track of weather...
BTW, always thought MK6 fiesta looked very smart on puma wheels due to the smaller offset that widens the track :wink:

Hi Sinisa
Yes this beast from the East has definitely caused some problems so I hope you don't live at the bottom of the hill when it all starts thawing out! I had Puma wheels on my last Zetec mk6 Fezzer as well but that was because the standard zetec 5 spokes were made out of cream cheese and buckled if you ran over a tab end. The little bit of offset change does look much better as you said and that's one of the reasons why I prefer later jag E types to early ones as on the early ones the wheels look so far into the arches.

Car's looking good Barry. Well done with the MOT. You need to get some paint on them calipers :lol:

Hi Guys
With 4 cars and two motorbikes to look after life is just too short to be rubbing down calipers or cross members/suspension components so as long as the shell is ok that's ok by me. If I ever have the calipers re-furbed though and they are re-coated I will try to keep them clean :)

tuonokid said:
[post]368023[/post] Hi Guys
With 4 cars and two motorbikes to look after life is just too short to be rubbing down calipers or cross members/suspension components so as long as the shell is ok that's ok by me. If I ever have the calipers re-furbed though and they are re-coated I will try to keep them clean :)

I’m your worst nightmare aren’t I Barry?!! :p

Every bolt has to be clean for me :lol:

No I get it James and even appreciate it but all of my vehicles are users so I just have to look after what needs looking after. I would have loved Richards 14K Puma but I could never have kept it as clean as it was, same as yours or Vas's FRPs.

Well done Barry! Also nice and creative solution on the rear coilover covers. I also did some coilover protection when I fitted mine. Might be useful as inspiration for you (Sorry for the lil' hijack :p):
BGJEqC9.jpg

Latest posts

Back