Wheel arches - again...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboard

Buggerit.
I’m fed up of waiting on ex-pressed steel threatening to make more arch repair panels.
I know I need at least 4 sets and I am sure people out there are in need so, what’s the level of interest please...

I’m on the brink of going ahead with using a set of genuine Ford arches as a copy and I’ve found a good steel works who can copy and manufacture with steel of my grade of choosing.
I can get a better quality steel used and also extend the size / shape to help those with excessive rust issues..

I’m considering a run of 100 sets, possibly more.
I won’t need cash comitment up front or any of that rubbish. Just tell me if you are up for a set and I’ll evaluate in a month and go ahead. This isn’t if I’ll get them made, it’s how many.
Normal sort of cost - this is all realistic and for gods sake don’t ask me all the details - it’s just a better option than bodging on Pug arches.

J

I'd be up for a couple of sets. Have shared this on the Puma Owners Facebook group.

I would be up for a set or two. The Puma Black & Millie are in need of repair.

I'd be interested - but I also need the Inner Arches, too. I keep looking on the Expressed Steel Panels website to no avail... but they did say later in the year when I contacted them recently. Maybe they are still gauging interest, but I'd have hoped they were some way down the manufacturing route already.

Ok, if I had an inner arch to copy I’d do it but I don’t unless someone has a car they are scrapping and can surgically remove the item??
I think this will cost a couple of grand at least. I’m taking the template over to the steelworks in a few weeks and will go for marginally thicker steel so they last.
Before anyone asks, this is a relatively absurd thing to do but what the hell - and anyway, if I sell 3/4 of them I should break even.

Out of interest if the car interior is stripped out would this prevent rust occuring in the arches or merely slow it down?

Ed

Hi me again how far are you at having some arches made? i would need a long one and a shorter one but have mot coming up in november and want to weld them in before the rainy season so i need to order some for Tuesday 11th september theres some on ebay at the moment for £55 and am going to have to get them if you havent got a date in mind

it's not that hard to make them yourself. make 2 wooden pieces with same arching as on car and grind them down so the edge is a bit triangular. then cut cheat metal how you want it. put between wooden pieces. fixate. bang the steel around the wood. done!

2014-07-04_10-34-47_195.jpg
2014-07-04_10-37-15_322.jpg
2014-07-03_15-45-08_857.jpg
2014-07-07_21-07-15_480.jpg

£50 pair.

Made of 0.9 mm laser cut and anti rust treated mild steel to keep your arches rust free last long.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-puma-rear-arches-repairs/273461826493?hash=item3fab9853bd:g:fF8AAOSwlBZbUPSc

Checked the feedback on the seller Rick and that specific product seems to get good reviews too!

Latest posts

Back