Noob from Somerset

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriscooke

Hi all

Have owned a 1.7 for a little over a year now, originally bought it as an mot failure to use as a cheap daily but those duties soon got replaced by a mondeo estate. I took the puma on track at Pembrey last weekend and I’m now hooked. For a standard car it handles great and although it’s a little slow that didn’t distract from the enjoyment of the day.

Tempted to make it a bit more track focused while keeping it looking stock from the outside. Sorry in advance for any daft questions.

If you want to get your Puma a bit more track focused, you could do far worse than follow what Mr "Trackaddict" himself created with his Puma:

Jay's Puma thread:

(Go and get a cuppa for a long thread read!)

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3122

Thanks for the link, I’ve been looking over that thread already, proper build :)

I’m currently thinking I’ll get coilovers, front lower brace, rear axle spacers and a more supportive seat.

The car also seems to want to boil over if pushed hard within a few laps which isn’t ideal and needs addressing.

Latest posts

Back