Puma Black Register.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X885ROO 78,000miles, just had new steel os rear arch, no other corrosion
Y907VOT 97,000miles, originally bought to strip but still complete and likely to stay that way/get restored

X485 EUY 82,000 miles. Worcestershire. Its my screen saver rather than husband, baby or dogs! My friends take the mick, you guys get me though surely :)

Y453 XJU. Oned before and just bought it back. 86k being put back on the road. Drives spot on

Hippy. Just rescued Y654RDK , 106.000 still going strong MOT Due 05/09/ going in 17/08/2018 Paid £200 .new front tyres £50 . car has full service history ,

Y864 PBE in my ownership currently 101,800.

I’ve been told the blacks came with a black ford badge instead of blue, can anyone confirm?

H

X554 ent - my first car, awaiting engine rebuild and body work. I’m unsure if it’s the black edition, however it does have black leather interior, and is a 1.7.

Hi Rachael, welcome. Your registration is a Black Edition.

Hope the restoration goes well!

Hi everyone,I was on the forum for quite a few years under the name of Tula2 but for some reason I. wasn't able to return using this name.,,,,,Well I have been extremely lucky to have bought 2001 Y reg Black 1.7 S.E,just over 71000 miles 2 previous owners,both female full service history, but will need a new clutch which has been booked,,seems. . quite sound,bit of rust on drivers door and really just needs some TLC which I am so looking forward to doing and bring this pretty soul back to looking good........Have been on the etis site and can't find any information on any specifics so would be interested to know is there anywhere else I could go??I,m just so delighted to have a Puma to drive again,last one was a C30 ,which again was a super car to drive but I,m afraid I wrote it off in January ( not clever)but this one is going nowhere!!!.Just so delighted to have another.This will be the forth and hopefully the last.Any info would be much appreciated.xxx

Hi and welcome back.

I checked the members list and there was no tula2, there was however a tula which I suspect judging by the details used was yourself. I can help you regain access to it should you prefer to continue under your original alias?

ETIS can give you some information but I believe nowadays you need to be logged in to it for the build info etc to show up (could be wrong).

Thank you Red,yes please ,I would prefer to remain Tula...on the ETIS it wouldn't let me go any further after giving the reg.number and vin,just the basic Black Panther and year.There didn't seem to be any options to register.I really would like to know more about her.

Eviewonder said:
Hi everyone,I was on the forum for quite a few years under the name of Tula2 but for some reason I. wasn't able to return using this name.,,,,,Well I have been extremely lucky to have bought 2001 Y reg Black 1.7 S.E,just over 71000 miles 2 previous owners,both female full service history, but will need a new clutch which has been booked,,seems. . quite sound,bit of rust on drivers door and really just needs some TLC which I am so looking forward to doing and bring this pretty soul back to looking good........Have been on the etis site and can't find any information on any specifics so would be interested to know is there anywhere else I could go??I,m just so delighted to have a Puma to drive again,last one was a C30 ,which again was a super car to drive but I,m afraid I wrote it off in January ( not clever)but this one is going nowhere!!!.Just so delighted to have another.This will be the forth and hopefully the last.Any info would be much appreciated.xxx

Sometimes etis doesn’t work with the car registration but does if you enter the VIN, have you tried both?
What specifics are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

Regards H

Hi Roomy,thank you so much for your offer and yes I would appreciate your help.Have entered both reg.and vin no.,but it doesn't allow me to go further than year and colour,which I know!!Would like to know exactly what the specs.are,build no.etc.If I give you the info on reg and vin perhaps you could find out more?? Reg.Y664 EAL,,,,vin xxxxxx just curious to know as much as I can.xxx

I have sent you what ETIS contains via PM and removed the VIN from the public post.

Here come the early brothers!

V84 RAR- in Birmingham owned by Allan for many years- unsure on mileage
Y97 RAR- I have purchased and will be picking up in a fortnight, been dry stored so is one of the better examples I’ve seen, currently sitting at 147k but in fab condition :cool:

Does anyone know anymore about why some came on 6 character plates and rear boot spoiler from dealer? Both mine and Allan’s in my post above are as such and I know of 1 other (an X reg) also to note Allan’s is a V reg (early 2000) I presumed they were all Y like mine. Were they some of the first black editions off production line and mine just sat longer at the dealer? Were the spoilers optional or did all the 6 digit plates have them? Just curious if anyone knows any info...

H

Only Ford spoilers for the Puma were Evo and F2.

Dealers offered the MS Design kit as an aftermarket option.

red said:
Only Ford spoilers for the Puma were Evo and F2.

Dealers offered the MS Design kit as an aftermarket option.

Aye I’m aware the full kit was always an option, maybe they were experimenting with how the black should look and offered a spoiler only option, nothing in the brochure about it

Latest posts

Back