Just took the plunge

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

Always wanted one, went to see one today and bought it on the spot. Honest Y-reg car in silvery blue (sorry not sure of the actual paint name). It's had a recent cambelt and some work at the rear suspension too judging by MoT history and receipts. Drives really well, AC works... I couldn't fault it really.

So I'll be looking to slowly bring it up to decent condition, this will inevitably involve doing the rear arches - offside is worse than N/S. I'm hopeless with paint but can do prep so any advice would be appreciated, plus any tips on how to stop them getting worse.

I'm sure there will be plenty more faults to discuss once I get it home...

Hi Grogee,

Welcome to the site, it sounds like it's a "Medium Steel Blue" or MSB

Good luck with the new car!

Many thanks. Got some plans for upgrades and also as much Rust proofing as I can manage on axle stands...

So I picked the car up yesterday, driving through the rain, sleet and snow to get it home. What an absolute belter of a car.

I used to work for Ford back in 1997-2000 so I drove a few Fiestas, Pumas etc and wanted one at the time. I decided that it was now or never seeing as most of them are rusting into oblivion and therefore the values are set to rise anytime soon.

Mine has 73,000 miles on it and feels as tight as a drum. Although I had to laugh when I dropped the window to talk to a mate then it wouldn't rise again! The curse of the window lifter clip strikes again. Hopefully some DIY bodging should fix that.

Latest posts

Back