Hi

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardaft

Hi Everyone Just Joined
I like cars,into classics,The Puma belongs to my good lady, its her third, all ex demos the last one she kept, 70K now on it my function is to look after it and keep it clean and maybe if I'm good, I might be allowed to drive it.
I recently failed on keeping the car road worthy , one of the power steering pipes failed due corrosion, apparently it was my fault for not finding the corrosion in time and rectifying it, the pipe seems to be unavailable from Fords (that should have told me something) and a round of calls to breakers has had no positive response up till now so cheekily with my first Post has anybody got a serviceable power steering pipe, that's the long one that goes under the gearbox with the pressure switch on it ( I wonder why Ford took it for such a walk?)
I was always going to join the forum so here I am with a broken car!!
Cd

Ford still sell them, but not cheap. 1127373 is the part no - around £195

Bugger that I refused to pay that, it’s a crazy price!! I spoke to a Pirtek franchise local to me and they have managed to do a permanent repair that works beautifully (did it while I waited, was out of there in 50 minutes) and it cost me £83.00
Would recommend everyone takes their leaky/broken pipe to their nearest Pirtek franchise

Hi Thanks for the welcome and advice, now I have a part number, I will troop down to the Ford dealership and see if I can find someone interested.Should have said located in South West Scotland, moved back up after early retirement, as said keen on all sorts of cars mostly old Fords and Triumph TRs.
Have to get keen on the Puma before it desolves on us, 'her indoors' is particularly keen on this one, she has had it was almost new,last of 3 she has owned all 1.7, a siver one , red and this blue one, I thought the red one had a better engine and was nipper, I suppose it was because it was red ( I like red cars), this blue one should have been traded years ago, she looked at the Thunder but didn't like the wheels (!!) Looked for a Puma Black for a while but could not find a nice one. So plan is to fix this one and maybe fit a leather interior.

Good luck with fixing it up! I'm up in Carlisle reasonably often which is pretty close to South West Scotland :grin:

I guess everyone's opinions are different and wheels do make a car for some people. Personally I think the Thunder wheels were nicer than the wheels that came on the Black.

Depending which leather you're looking for they can still be picked up for a fair price, Blacks / Thunders but the front Recaro seats from the Millennium fetch a premium (because they're better)

Hi,We are near Girvan approx. 7 miles inland.
I could live with the wheels on the Thunder, not too keen on the colours though, the Black wheels look a trouble to clean ?
One thing I do remember she did have a Millennium for a week end on approval, nice interior, yellow I was OK with (her car ,her choice) we took it a run down the coast to Worthing, it was quite near us, left the car in the car park near the front, went for an excellent fish supper at Chipwicks (is it still there ?) came back and the car was covered in ladybird bugs and they had crapped all over the car,it went back on the Monday and she got the red one.
Personally still have a notion for a Puma Black
So cunning plan is to fix his one up,it is an excellent drive, the rear beam bushes were done last mot, has anyone fitted the upgraded ones and what is the difference ?

Welcome
I live in Worthing and can confirm that Chipwick is still going strong! I second Yog - Ian G on this site is good for parts..he runs PumaBits and has helped me with several items over the years. I’m on my 2nd Puma, an early one in silver on the props

Latest posts

Back