Hi from Cornwall with 2 reds

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CU51DYL

As the title suggests, I am in Cornwall and have two Red Puma 1.7. One is T reg 1999 which I am modding to rally, it's quite a romantic story... i owned a T reg 1.7 back in 2016 but it died, whilst owning it I noticed another red in the village, we then started flashing our lights and waving when we passed. I was then in in latest 2001 with a client, working and this lady on a horse ushers me to stop, "I've got a red one!" She says smiling, we chat a bit and we went about our business. Then a little later, whilst picking up a client I noticed the red on a driveway so in proper stalker style left a note in poking out of the mirror glass, "if you ever want to sell, please call..." 9 months later I get a call, its failed MOT, she's loved it for 11 years but can no longer keep it so literally gave it to me! And made a good friend.
The other is not so much of a love story, I missed my last Puma so much I stupidly bought an old zetec s with a Puma engine, dsys later the missus says, "you should have bought a Puma!" Do a little Ebay search and a 600 mile round trip and I have a one owner with 68k and full service history, a 2001 which I am keeping as clean and standard as possible and only using on sunny Sundays or the odd sunny evening.
Cheers n gone - Dylan

Hi and welcome.
A radiant red Puma always looks the part,and worthy of a second look....especially if wearing original propeller alloys :thumbs: .
Now that you've started collecting I must warn you that it'll become terminal....you'll want a black one,perhaps a blue one....what about Moondust silver...Hmmmmm...the Millenium looks great.
Enjoy them :grin: :grin:

Funny you should say, I'm swapping the alloys around, and... if I had the space and a missus who liked animals I would have a Puma in every colour, or just start collecting them, there is a silver one I have my eye on.. :p

You'll just have to convince her that now is the time to acquire them,before they increase in value :) .
A sliver one looks brilliant when shod with propeller's....they really suit the car and hark back to the "Bullitt" ad that Ford made to promote the Puma.

hello!! silver cars are addictive.. I only wanted a red one to go with my blue one... now we have a silver one each lol :roll:

Cheers guys, as much as I'd love more, I'm finding it a bit expensive and addictive to bling up my 51 red, added some yellow Samco coolant hoses at the weekend, got some springs and standard shocks to replace the coilovers and have some gold braided brake hoses which still haven't turned up after two months from Goodrich.. and have also shelled out a few hundred on a Sparco seat which is also taking it's time to arrive... :roll: and my point is, I'm only a delivery driver so cant afford more, oh and its MOT time in couple of weeks..

You should take it easy.

Projects are supposed to be marathons, and not sprints.

So MOT time came and it's been off the road since, it's the first time in its life to fail and on the dreaded corrosion, so now I have two rusty Pumas sitting on my drive. The braided hoses never arrived or were available and the springs are sitting in my loft. I fitted the Samcos and replaced the rocker cover gasket and it is running perfect though.. and have got myself a welder and some other power tools to DIY when I have gotten a dry space with electricity to use..

Latest posts

Back