Lewis's Banana Boat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent it to narnia and got the engine In :p
7DEKvOZ.jpg

A underneath view :wink:
AHu0iR6.jpg

pOoHPbF.jpg

Thanks guys 😊

Got the Shocks n' springs together last night:
9aIVo6A.jpg

NPccFnC.jpg

I won't lie, I have a weird feeling I've not assembled this in the right order. Does the bearing and nut go on first, then the top mount rubber or does the bearing and not go on after the top mount? Super confused as Ford diagram says the latter..

Does this help at all? I know it's rear but?

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=274850#p274850

Being hyper critical :oops: in my opinion the only thing letting the engine bay down are the power steering and brake fluid bottles as they are a bit grubby. I know I am going to be shot down in flames as this car is truly stunning and something I can only dream of obtaining but it just jumped out of the pictures at me as everything else is immaculate.
I put my tanks in the dishwasher and they came out pretty good......glad my wife won’t ever read this!!! :p

red said:
Does this help at all? I know it's rear but?

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=274850#p274850

I can't seem to see any of the pictures mate :(

Simonavis said:
Being hyper critical :oops: in my opinion the only thing letting the engine bay down are the power steering and brake fluid bottles as they are a bit grubby. I know I am going to be shot down in flames as this car is truly stunning and something I can only dream of obtaining but it just jumped out of the pictures at me as everything else is immaculate.
I put my tanks in the dishwasher and they came out pretty good......glad my wife won’t ever read this!!! :p

I completely agree now that I look at it! I'll see if I can do something about it, shouldn't be too hard. Maybe bathe it in bleach or something.

Odd, I tested your permissions and could still see all of the pictures. What kind of device do you use?

red said:
Odd, I tested your permissions and could still see all of the pictures. What kind of device do you use?

I can see them now when I click on them, thanks mate, will be handy for when I put them in fully 😊

Got a lot done last night. Fitted the clip on the clutch master, got the new j and r driveshafts in, wheel arch liners in with fresh bolts and also made a good start on the wiring!

fJAzzKL.jpg

lp5WeMz.jpg

Bits left to do:

Engine
Intake manifold gasket (to mount the intake manifold) ✔
Alternator ✔
V belt ✔
Tighten water pump pulley bolts ✔
Dipstick tube ✔
Dipstick ✔
Starter Motor
Throttle body ✔
Throttle cable
Radiator and condenser mounting
Exhaust Manifold
Ancillary hoses, Coolant hoses and intake hose
Other vacuum hoses and wiring..

Suspension and braking:
Mount Knuckles, Bearings, abs rings and hubs ✔
Track rod ends ✔
Brake lines
Abs sensors and wiring
Assemble brakes ✔
Tyres

Misc jobs..
Rest of wiring (ecu, rear abs sensors)
Fit gaiter to gear linkage
Fit gear linkages and torque mount
Bumper mounting
Tidying cables, cleaning bay
Get car to exhaust shop
Then alignment shop
Done 👌

Simonavis said:

Sorted :wink:
vF663Th.jpg

I'll do the brake fluid reservoir soon :)

Burton carries a line of polished reservoir caps that might really bring things to the next level in there if your into the polished look.
Admittedly, they are a little pricy.
https://www.burtonpower.com/header-tank-cap-cover-oe-plastic-cap-sschtc1.html

8GlRaiP.jpg

Got that cleaned up :roll:

Really close now. Just a few more bits to fit and buy. Here's how she's looking with the benetton colour scheme 😂
yru3uVF.jpg

OVcl2aI.jpg

Hoses are in. Honestly, what do you guys think of them? They are definitely darker than I was expecting.

SmJynRs.jpg

mmc757 said:
I sort of think the air hose should be a different color than the coolant hoses

I completely agree. What colour are we thinking? I'm between Orange, Purple and Pink..

Latest posts

Back