How to: Fit lower arms and/or drop links

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch! Passenger side ball joint popped tonight! Steering felt vague/veer-ey on the motorway home tonight. Stopped at shops near home and parked.. rolled into a dip, turned wheel and reveresed a bit, heard a noise, lost drive and realised it had popped! Ffs what was that all about?? Had had to replace the hex nut after I stripped the threads on the old one but not got a clue how that happened after fitting new wishbones last week and torquing everything up properly.
unsure what I did wrong. Need to go back in the morning and try and fix it so I can get back to work!

I would be lost without you guys on this website, you saved my puma time and time again! Thank you :grin:

silverpuma said:
Ran into a problem changing the lower arms, the drivers side went on no problem but the passenger side front bolt rounded off it was so tight. :x I don't have access to a welder or blowtorch so can anyone advise me how I can remove the rounded off bolt? :?

I will be replacing all the bolts anyway because they are too rusted.
same here today. passenger side seized will attack the bugger with the grinder tomorrow . you will come off.
the joys of working on 20 year old cars ay.

invested £65 in a 320nm electric impact gun from machine mart. it made very light work of those stubborn bolts. i highly recommended the product made by clarke
both control arms done quick brake pad n disc change and off for mot tomorrow .
fixed 4 of 5 advisories from last time so not expecting dramas. fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back