My Puma (formally pictures at last)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All.

It has been some time since I have posted an update. Well its all been happening and it is not good I can tell you. Some of you may have read my post in Puma area regarding my £1300 MOT. Well a few weeks back I had the mishap of a hit and run resulting in smashed drivers mirror and cosmetic damage down the drivers side of the car. It is booked in next month for the body to be sorted.

I thought with the onset of winter and the imminent visit to the body shop I had better sort out the minor rust scabs on the sills. I have stripped them back and treated the rust. The metal is in good shape. However I am stripping off the thick white sealant on the sill/floor-pan flange. This has in places delaminated from the metal leaving more potential rust traps. I have yet to spray and stone chip the sills. I would recommend owners to inspect their cars in this area and take steps to remedy any rust traps. It could save a fortune later.

Regards,
Richard

Hi.
It has been some time since l did an update. My Puma is once again looking pristine. The second week of November it went into the spray shop and had both sides resprayed, making good the cosmetic damage from the hit and run, stone chips, and supermarket door bashers. Back in the summer l had the wheels off for a full referb. All that is left is for me to spray the bonnet and front bumper to to deal with a few stone chips, that a job for the summer months... roll on summer :grin:
I did try to attatch some photos but was unable to do so.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,

What was the issue with the photo's? Glad to hear your car is looking great again :grin:

Red

Hi Red.
l did attempt to down load the photos using the add files button, they would not download. A message was displayed stating that the photo was to large. lt was infact only 3.7 mb it should have downloaded as the max. size the site would accept is 7mb.
Regards
Richard.

Hi, All.

I thought I would post an update. My Puma has now done 137k, so when it comes to MOT time I Start getting a bit jittery. Well it passed this year with a minor fault being a number plate bulb out and some brake advisories which l was aware off I can breath a sigh of relief until next year. So on the whole a light year in the pocket compared with the £1300 odd last year. So far just a service and new brake pads for 2019.

On another note with some Puma spares being hard to come by and lots none available, some time ago l started to do some stockpiling. I have just got hold of an engine that has covered 27K, so that will be cleaned prepared and stored for the future. Better to have it now rather than wait further down the line and not being able to find one.

I am going to go the Ford Fair this year, I have never been so am looking forward to putting my Puma on the club stand and meeting fellow Puma owners. I will also take the opportunity to hunt for spares at the auto jumble. Is anyone going from Essex that l could meet on route to travel up with.

Regards
Richard.

Hi,
I have been very busy flashing the cash. My Puma is coming up to 140k now the engine still pulls well is smooth and quite. Any way I purchase a used engine with 27k on it in June. I had it fitted with as many new bits as possible, clutch, belts, water pump, all new oil seals, injectors, a/c compressor, necessary gaskets, plus full engine service. Had it done at my usual garage. Total cost £1425. You may think I am mad but I intend to keep it for ever and hopefully start reducing the mileage I put on it. It goes like stink, I think I have all the horses back in the stable now. As a plus the emissions are down as well.

Regards,
Richard

Hi all.

As some of you are aware I have started to stockpile spares for my Puma. The other day I managed to pick up a almost mint heated windscreen for £15 I thought that was a bit of a bargain.

Does any one have useful tips on how to remove the original bonding sealant from the screen?

Regards,
Richard

Seen a neighbour having a windscreen replaced the other day, not a puma admittedly. There were 2 guys using a razor wire looking tool, one person inside the car and one outside, they ran it all the way round in a sawing motion to cut through the sealant.
I would really have a think about it though, I know so many people that have had a windscreen replaced and had no end of problems afrer. That's when done by 'pros' as well that do it day in day out.

Hi.

I hope every one is keeping safe and well in these difficult times :?

I retired in January so I am now fortunate to be a man of leisure. So now I have time and the good weather has arrived I thought I do post winter maintenance and shake down on the Puma. Although the engine has done only 31K the rest of the car has covered 143K. As always it is an ongoing project. So far I have done the following.

Painted the wheels high gloss black.
Cleaned and manually adjusted rear brakes.
Painted drums and calipers.
Two new tyres
Fitted New lower wish bones ( all with new joints and bushes the old ones were originals)
Fitted a brand new set of Ford Puma mats.

I would post some photos but for some reason my phone won't download to my computer I can't seem to download onto the site anyway.

Mind you my fuel consumption is fantastic I am averaging six weeks to the gallon.

Regards, Richard.

Hi,

About two years ago I purchased for £110 a pair of almost mint headlight assemblies. I have just fitted them, what a difference, they look so good compared to the old ones. I did regularly polish the old ones to try and maintain there appearance though.

Now I have some spare light components I was wondering if a could fabricate a pair of driving lights to supplement the standard head lights. I would want to make them concealed behind the grill so as not to detract from the clean lines of the front end. Has anyone done anything like this? Has any one got any thoughts or ideas to throw in to the mix?

Richard.

Hi
Just an update. My next door neighbour reversed int my car and stoved in the passenger door. Something I could have done without. They will pay to have it sorted. Well I have fitted a new fuel filter, I think it is the first time it has been changed, it has done 144k. I have also fitted new front brake hoses. I am continuing to stock pile spares I picked up a good pair of rust free wings for £35, I think a lucky find and a bargain to boot. The saga is to continue...........

Regards,
Richard.

Unlucky about your passenger there RIchard, bet the neighbour was not popular!

Hi.

Door all done, the whole side of the car had to be done to blend it in. Apparently the best match was a colour from a Maserati. :grin: I haven't noticed the car going any faster though. I also had the rear bumper done whist it was in the body shop.

Regards.

Looking ace! Please bring back the splitter! I suits the Puma so much!

Alex

Latest posts

Back