Fan Blades or Spokes?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doghead

ive just had to retire my silver 51 plate 1.7 which was running on the 9 spoke alloys. I've already bought a replacement kat, 1.7 Y plate with genuine 65k on the clock in panther black. That one is on fan blade alloys.

The black one looks stunning on the fan blades and i'm torn whether to leave the blades on or swap them for the spokes? what does everyone think?

I've always preferred the propellor alloys over the 9 spokes - in part because it's only a Puma you got the props on.

A "proper" Puma is Silver with props.. just like in the Steve McQueen advert, but that's just my opinion :lol:

Fan blades for me. I’ve got a set of both types but prefer the blades - the quintessential Puma :grin:

I also do like the look of the ‘F1 alloys’ on the Puma Black edition, but these must be very rare nowadays as I never see them on eBay

I prefer the fan blades to the 9 spokes personally. I owned two standard Pumas and they both had them :thumbs:

Not to mention they are super easy to clean.

red said:
I prefer the fan blades to the 9 spokes personally. I owned two standard Pumas and they both had them :thumbs:

Not to mention they are super easy to clean.

Thats a good point, well made. The blades are way easier to clean.

I might put the spokes on one side and have a look at the car with both on it

I'm not sure about the spokes as I didn't have the chance to weigh either of the two, but according to some people on this forum the props only weigh about 7.6 kilos which is really good for a stock wheel so that's what I went for. I tried to find a lighter wheel, but the rather pricey OZs were the only I could find. So that's something to consider.

Mine staying on Props for as long as possible. That's what the car was originally designed to have . Personally I think they look better too.

Latest posts

Back