Leather in a non-special?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfootisblurry

I'm looking at a 1.7 this week that has a leather interior. Am I right in thinking that only specials had this as an option so it must have been retrofitted? It's steel blue so, as far as I know, won't be a special?

The car itself looks very clean but the MOT history is ringing a few alarm bells (off road several years, prior MOTs mentioned damaged body work) so I'm trying to figure out how much it has been cobbled together. None of this is a deal breaker if its as clean as it looks, but always good to know these things.

Believe only millennium and thunder had leather, I don't think it was an option on non specials but I could be wrong. Mine is also steel blue with recaros but I retro fitted them, it had grey cloth as standard.

Do the door card inserts front and rear match the seat material?

There were a few "dealer specials" and euro imports via Ireland that might have had leather.

What colour is the leather and style of seat?

If it's a Recaro and dark blue then it's out of a Millennium.

If it looks like a "normal" seat but is black, then it'll be out of a "Black" Edition or Thunder.

If it's neither of the above then it'll be a non standard for UK seat possibly from another Ford car?

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=64

Latest posts

Back