My Puma (formally pictures at last)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive comments. It is in having a cam upgrade and a remap at the moment. A right sorry saga, more in due course.

With regard the splitter. When I was working (now retired) a work colleague and myself made the splitters between us. He is not interested in doing it any more. In addition we were about to make a new mold as the one we had deteriorated. So as a result I decided not to make any more. Also the delivery costs were constantly increasing and ebay were taking their share so it was all these factors that were considered. I could if there is sufficient demand look into getting a new mold made and start production. I would have to look into costings. Any one interested? Bearing in mind if I sell direct thorough the PP site ebay will not be involved. That is why in the past I offered a discount to PP members.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,

I'd be interested but PP nowadays doesn't have much action. I think it might be better to post in the FB Puma owners page and Puma track day page. They are reasonably active and there might be some people interested in the splitter.

Cheers
Alex

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive comments. It is in having a cam upgrade and a remap at the moment. A right sorry saga, more in due course.

With regard the splitter. When I was working (now retired) a work colleague and myself made the splitters between us. He is not interested in doing it any more. In addition we were about to make a new mold as the one we had deteriorated. So as a result I decided not to make any more. Also the delivery costs were constantly increasing and ebay were taking their share so it was all these factors that were considered. I could if there is sufficient demand look into getting a new mold made and start production. I would have to look into costings. Any one interested? Bearing in mind if I sell direct thorough the PP site ebay will not be involved. That is why in the past I offered a discount to PP members.

Regards
Richard

I'm interested, but you know that! :)

Hi Brian,
Yes, thanks. I have my spare splitter that I can use as a plug for the making of another mold. I hope to get my car back the end of next week then I think I will look into see what companies I can approach. In the past I think I sold about five splitters to Mk5 Fiesta owners ( they fit very well) I dis not advertise them for Fiesta's due to the fact I did not think we could cope with the demand.

Regards
Richard.

Hi. Can someone get me some psychiatric help please.

The sorry saga continues. Well, 2018 I spent £1360 on getting an MOT. Sept 2019 I fitted a 27k engine replacement to my Puma with all new parts where possible...cost, £1450. Now the reason for the engine change was for some time I had promised myself some FRP equivalent cams with matching remap to go with the FRP exhaust system. So June this year I went to Lightening Motor Sport for the cams and remap to be fitted. Checking the engine it was down on compression on cylinders 2 and 3 (possible burnt exhaust valves). So 7th September car back in for head to be sorted and at the same time to fix the speedo drive in the gear box. Any way to cut a long story short... engine and box out, head rebuild new piston rings and big end shells plus some other odds and ends gaskets water pump, new leads, plugs and coil pack, exhaust manifold re-wrapped etc, etc.

The car runs like a dream about 145 BHP. COST £3289. If I could rewind back to 2018 would I have still done it all....YES.

You see I am mad.

Richard.

081.jpg

The speedo drive a few pence but box out job
Also some general shots, including nice rebuilt head.
078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

073.jpg

I believe it was Goerge Best who said: “I spent 95% of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.”
So, even by that definition and those standards, you are spending money, not wasting it!
Seriously, it is your car, your pride and joy and I FULLY understand your urge to keep it in prime condition.

Keep up the good work :eek:k:

PS. If the splitter project comes to fruitition, I will be interested in it

Regarding the splitter, I really wanted one when you told me the bad news about the molds, but if finally decide start the production again, please put me in the list, I may take two or three for me and a couple of Puma friends

Hi everyone.

GOOD NEWS my Puma passed the MOT no advisories. Mind you I did preventive mechanical work in the summer months, even so with a car of this age and mileage I do get a little paranoid come MOT time. well no need to worry for another 12 months. :lol:

Regards,
Richard

Don’t know how I missed it in September, but epic work on the engine Richard!!

Hello Richard, i am new to this forum and read a lot about your front splitter being top quality.
Do you still make them? If so do you post them to Belgium aswell?

Thanks!

Hi jefdm.
Can I redirect you to the cosmetics section there is a topic which will answer your question, (my last post) I have delivered all over Europe, so no problem once I get up and running.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Everyone.

Well with the better weather starting to arrive it is time to get proactive on the Puma again. I have to do all my work outside as I have no garage. Today I changed the rear nearside wheel bearing for what must be the fifth time in 146K. I have never had to replace any other bearings, is that weird or what? Has anyone else had a similar problem? A few weeks ago I fitted my bonnet gas strut conversion, it took about 20 mins, no more bonnet stay. I did attempt to post photos but the site would not let me. It is another strange one, some photos it will allow me to. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be sorting the inlet system then the power should be up to that of a FRP.

Regards,
Richard.

Hi All.
The front bumper of my Puma was looking tatty with stone chips and a couple of scratches, so I thought I would tackle it. I stripped down the front of the car and flattened, primer filler,colour coat, clear coat then waited 5 days before flattening with 2000 wet and dry and a final buff.
Regards Richard.

Attachments

• june 2021 009.jpg
    june 2021 009.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4,777
  • june 2021 008.jpg
    june 2021 008.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4,778
Hi.
Some years ago I did the FRP modification to the air box. When I stripped down the front end to respray the bumper the trunking to the air box had disintegrated being that I utilised the original trunking from the standard set up. Once I had it all back together I fitted new trunking of 70mm dia.
Photos below. I took it out today for a test run, there was a definite improvement in the throttle response.

Regards
Richard

Attachments

• air intake 002.jpg
    air intake 002.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 4,743
  • air intake 005.jpg
    air intake 005.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4,743
Hi.
I have completed my planned engine modifications at last with the addition of a decent air filter and fitment of a Lightening Motor Sport inlet manifold with a MK1 Mondeo throttle body. So the bhp is up to that of a FRP.

Attachments

• 27062021 012.jpg
    27062021 012.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4,490
  • 27062021 001.jpg
    27062021 001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,490

Latest posts

Back