Basic Specifications & Figures

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that's the question though Cherie.

In the quote 0-62 takes 9.2s but apparently to get from 31-62 takes 9.7 - Why does it take 0.5 seconds longer for the car to do 31-62 than to do 0-62?

the 31-62 mph is carried out in 4th gear.

November 2001 Brochure:
76 kW (103 PS) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque 145 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Maximum speed 118 mph
0-62 mph 10.4 sec
31-62 mph 11.7 sec
MPG 38.7 combined
Co2 171
Insurance Group 10E

92 kW (125 PS) @ 6300rpm
Max. Torque 157 Nm @ 4500 rpm
Maximum speed 126 mph
0-62 mph 9.2 sec
31-62 mph 9.7 sec
MPG 38.2 combined
Co2 178
Insurance Group 12E

1st post edited so as to not cause confusion in future.

Ahh makes more sense knowing it's being done in fourth gear. Still seems a little odd 3rd gear does a hell of a better job :p

i think the times for the 1.4 are false, i had it to 60 in less than 10 seconds and have had it cruising at 115mph with over 1000 revs to go with all parts as standard and factory fitted.......

Did you actually have accurate measuring equipment to say the very second you hit 60mph (which would be around 65 on your speedo), which leads to my next comment. Your speedo might say 115, but they're always overstated. You were probably only doing 100 or so, unless you've had the speed verified by GPS on a sat-nav.

I know my speedo is about 5 mph out. Dal's is too when running on 15" wheels, stick the 17" wheels on, and the speedo is perfect to the GPS reading.

i had a satnav system in the car at the time and split the difference between the two (speedo was reading 120 to the satnavs 112mph)

I have the 2000 puma

so which stats are relevant to mine?

there are 2 sets a faster one and a slower one, my puma was first registered in may 2000

thanks peeps

pumapete

Most likely yours will fall into the earlier group, having been built in the early part of 2000, as it's the build date, not the registered date that changes happened.

Is there any other split times on the site?. I was going to start a new thread but saw this first but it only has the one for the 1.7 being in 4th gear 30-60.

I was looking for more times in 5th gear i.e. 50-70, 60-80, 70-90 or an all incompassing 50-90.

I'm looking to improve all these as it's probably more of what I do in real life when overtaking. i.e. Stay in 5th and let the engine do it's stuff.

I did a few yesterday with the car being standard but the differences were fairly big even though I thought the sections of road I was on were flat on each occasion.
Times I tried were as follow:-
50-70:- 7.0, 6.9, 6.3
60-80:- 9.4, 9.0, 8.9
70-90:- 9.7, 9.0, 8.3

As you can see, the roads must have been far from level as the times vary so much so god knows which is the true split.

Need to find a good long private straight that's level to compare.

Newbie checking Google and finding this thread!

I'm from The Netherlands and I've got a Puma Sports Edition (2002), Racing Blue! It was build in 2001 and I'm wondering which ECU name mine has.... Ofcourse it's a digital dash.. so I'm hoping it's a TAPE! I need a TAPE for my FRP mapping. But perhaps it's a DIVE.. How will I know for sure without having to drill the rivets out..?

FlashBastd said:
The FRP’s engine management map can be uploaded onto any “TAPE” (digital dash) or “MUFF” (analogue dash) powertrain control module. If your car doesn’t have one of these, you will need to acquire one, ideally with two working transponder chips so you can reprogram your existing keys.
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=6303" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dal said:
As far as I know Puma Ecu:
DUDE - 1st Generation Puma
MUFF - Up to summer '99
TAPE - Std fit on '99 Summer - 2000 Spring Puma
DIVE - Std fit on Spring 2000 onwards Puma
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not sure as to the answer but is your car what they called the 'Futura' edition?

Only think I can think of is that they'd cost more to repair if the interior leather seats were damaged or the different alloy wheels. Their purchase price would have been higher originally too.
Unless the history of the special editions is that they are statistically involved in more accidents?

red said:
I'm not sure as to the answer but is your car what they called the 'Futura' edition?

Hi there! I HAVE to ajust my settings. Never received a notification of your reaction. So, in Holland we have got 3 sorts of Puma's. The normal one, the Century (Amparo blue, Recaro interior) and the Sports Edition (Racing blue, normal leather interior).

So mine is called the Sports Edition!

Latest posts

Back