ABS & TC lights

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished cleaning them, it was the rear ones caked in brake dust, all working again.

Cheers for help Dal,

Good news! Glad it's all sorted now - that's a common one btw so you're not alone! lol

:thumbs:

I bought a new front abs sensor as I took a gamble one of the front sensors had faulted and was the cause of my pumas abs/tc light being on all the time.

I took the puma to my mates workshop hoping he would have a multimeter and that we could check the resistance of the front sensors to check if one was bust. he didnt have his multimeter with him but it was possible to plug the new sensor into each sides relevant socket (although not actually fitting the sensor into its housing as the old ones were left in place - they didnt want to come out easily ) to see if it turned the abs light of on the dash , it didnt. do the sesnors need to be in position to register as working/turn out the abs dash light or was this a good enough test showing that its not a front sensor at fault?

Does anyone know if the rear sensors can be tested with a multimeter without removing the brake drums? I only ask as we don't have the required tools for it.

Just unplug it in the middle of the rear beam - it's the higher socket after the loop upwards:

Then you can test across 2 of the exposed pins to test (it's obvious which 2 it is when you get it apart as there are 2 distinct thick wires going into it)

Awesome! Will try to borrow a multimeter then :D

BTW there is a lot of advice on the ABS/TC sensor problem but as far as I am aware there is no how to guide. I would do it myself but I am very likely to do it wrong LOL. I will see if Kev feels like doing it after we have borrow a multimeter and confirmed what went wrong!

Also BTW Vickyd had the same problem and thinks it cost about £20 to fix (parts cost)...not sure what this might have been as the sensor is £42 cheapest I've seen?!

ATE (OEM) Front, replaces either side, £38.99 delivered:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330414803317&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ATE (OEM) Rear, replaces both sides, £76.98 delivered:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220386140875&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi all! I have a different problem with the ABS and TC light, at me didn't appear; even when I put the ignition, the ABS and TC didn't appear! :-(
Did have somebody this problem? Sorry for my english!

Latest posts

Back