Fuel tank cap leak!!! Help please :(((((

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Hello guys! Last weekend i have some fun with friends and my puma 1.7, the puma is a little monster on the corners! But when i have finished the run, i have noticed for first a smell of gasoline, from the interior of the car, after this i have looked everywhere under the bonnet and under the car but nothing, when i saw the back of the car i see the problem, the fuel gone out from the fuel cap!!! :( the cap was completely wet in the borders! And the cap side in the back of the puma was completely dirty with gasoline. How can i solve this? New cap? Thanks to all guys! Help please

Sounds like you need to fix the seal, I'd try cleaning up both the filler area and the cap as a firs step.

Hello red! Thank you very much! Today when i refuel the puma, i have noticed that sometimes the cap closes but with a lot of play, and sometimes when i push it to the tank and i turn the key, it closes hermetic, probably last weekend it didn't close well! It is normal? How can i solve? Lubricate the close sistem of the cap? Thanks! :)

Hey guys! Today i have sprayed some lubricant in the cap system! And it works! :lol: i hope it works everyday!

Latest posts

Back