lower strut brace fitting

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy1980

as i understand it, its just a case of removing the wishbone bolt from each side , brace in place, then bolts back in? is this correct? will i be able to do this on ramps? cheers, chris

well they will help! you will need a jack and do one side at a time as the wishbones will move when you take the bolt out.

one thing to watch out for is that if your engine sits low ( from worn engine and gearbox mount ) then it will sit on the strut brace and make a hell of a noise! if it dose then take it off till you replace the mounts. you wont need upgraded sports ones fords ones will do!

that is my only concern, cant stand having unneccesary noises, drives me crackers! any idea how much it would be to replace engine/gearbox mount?

not sure mate best give fords a ring! o this is a hell of a noise i fitted a lower strut brace on MrParkers one and i had to take it off the next day was soo loud!

well i tryed to fit it today. got the passenger side bolt out and brace on, but couldnt shift the other side at all! was gonna take it to the garage to get the air gun on it,but when i lined up the brace its hitting the gearbox before its even in line, so ive taken it back off again. not sure what to do now? its out of its packet so dont suppose i can return it.

i couldnt even get it on. because it fouled the gearbox, i was having to bend it up slightly to fit, which caused the holes to be out of line. i think i could have got it on by loosening the other side up again, but as i couldnt get the other bolt to move i couldnt test the theory!

Not too tricky, but don't over tighten the captive bolts when fitting the new one - I managed to shear one of mine.

You need to remove the battery, and I would recommend you get some ratchet spanners as access it tight, even on a 2 post lift.

Back