1999 1.7 Melina Blue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPTipper

Ok so as i dont use the other forum much any more i thought i would move over here,

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

first part of the diary/project/whatever can be found at the link above, ive tried to move it over by copying the, but i lose the pictures.

At the end of that project thread, i had done several things and needed to do a couple of bits;

•Put some better tyres on the front (my Nankang Ditchfinders are poop in the wet and squeal like a stuck pig in the dry)•Waxoyl the rest of the underside of the car (preferably with a paintbrush, the aerosol goes EVERYWHERE
•Sort out my driverside arch, rusty is not the word
•the engine aux belt has a intermittent wibbly noise
•The bonnet was left with large amounts of bird poo on it by the previous owner for a considerable period of time, i need either to get it resprayed, or find one in better condition.
•Get the Eibach/ford lowering spring kit
•Lower strut brace
•Look into getting more power from the engine, probably some head work, cams, exhaust and a frp remap.
•New number plates
•Silly little bits like the parcel shelf rubber bump thingy and replace a missing boot lid mushroom.

ok that was weird, colours have gone a bit odd! nevermind lol

ok so what i have to do:

Wheel refurb
Tyres
Driverside Arch

Bits i have done:

The rest of the belly of the car has been sprayed with waxoyl, Yes it goes everywhere and No, i didnt take my own advice and use a paintable one :/

Aux belt wibbly noise was a combination of a cheap aux belt and a knackered tensioner, replaced both and now noise has gone (the tensioner had about 15mm of slack in it before the spring caught)

Bonnet has been done, I managed to get a new one off a very nice man for £20, same paint code and everything

Rear bumper has been replaced, it had loads of gouges and scratched from people with tow bars :/

Number plates have been replaced, awesome how much the appearance of a car changes when it has nice plates on!

Boot lid mushroom done

Thats all for now, i've been having a bit of a rest from the take it apart put it back together thing, but shall be adding to this thread very soon

Latest posts

Back