34k puma. Rear brakes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewizzy

My puma only has 34k on the clock (genuine miles, I was given it by my grandmother who bought it from new)

MOT test is due next week, so I thought I would get my old man to check it over (he's a mechanic). Everything is ok, but the rear metal brake lines were corroded, so I thought, just to be on the safe side, we would replace them.....
What should have been an easy job on a car that's been garaged most of its life turned out to be a right pain in the ass!!! Lol.
Rear flexi pipes were rotted, the threads came of when we undid them from the old solid lines, got some new ones delivered, then, when we connected it all back up, the near side bleed nipple had been cross threaded in the factory, new rear wheel cylinder time.....

Luckily, everything was all in stock, and I did it myself (with some advice from the old man) so cost me nothing in labour, but still, I think ford pre installed rust on some of these cars!!!! Just goes to show, doesn't matter how little miles, or how new (mines a '51 plate) they still suffer with issues!!

Still, hopefully will not have to redo the rear pipes for a very long time.....

I dont have any more stories like that.... ;)

Back