60mm Throttle Body

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaKa

Just reading an old Fast Ford (from April 2006) about tuning the 1.7

When I had my old 1.3 engine in, I did a mod based on the Ford Racing Spec Ka, I swapped the throttle body from the standard 38mm up to one from a Fiesta 1.4, which was 42mm, using a aluminium adaptor plate and Fiesta throttle cable.

The increased inlet size made a good increase in bhp and throttle response... all in all, a worthy mod.

Now, back to the magazine, it mentions a company called BPJ who, amongst other services, could supply a 60mm throttle body to replace the standard 53mm 1.7 item.

Has anyone here fitted a 60mm throttlebody, and if so, what was it taken off? Guessing a Mondeo maybe?

I'd rather find one from a scrappy than pay top dollar!

Any pointers?

me too! been looking for ages tho & there all tiny!!!!!

focus rs seems to be the biggest but not cheap & still dont know exact size.....

I'm reckoning 2.0 Mondeo is the first one to check out in the scrappies.

You don't want to go too big on this though, it can do more harm than good.

A 10% increase in size should see improvements without drawbacks.

Check out this item on ebay. It may help.
Though i would suggest going much bigger than these otherwise you will have to start doing some ECU modifications.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COSWORTH-NISS...096240368QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350096240368

the mondeo 2ltr throttle body is 60mm. which will fit with minor modifications. i have one which has been cleaned up and the bore has been polished if anyone is interested?

krisrt said:
the mondeo 2ltr throttle body is 60mm. which will fit with minor modifications. i have one which has been cleaned up and the bore has been polished if anyone is interested?

Did you try it on a 1.7 then?

i havent tried it on the 1.7, i did thou on the 1.6 and it needed minimal modin to get it to fit (but as the 1.6 and 1.7 are practically the same should be no differnet, but when i get a chance i'll try them together and let u all know)

i paid £40 for the tb and then another £25 to have it refurbed and polished. but as its christmas call it £50 inc P&p

i found this one if more people are interested as i only have one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mondeo-2-0-Zetec-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 240%3A1318

hmmm, will have a think.....i will be taking the dremel to it anyway even if it has been polished......

if you want to open up the bore more your best bet is, if you know of someone with a lathe is to turn tappers into the bores on both sides of the butterfly m8. unless your a pro with the dremmel that is (will be uneven surface with dremmel)

Hey Guys!

My friend has a 60mm tb from a ford c-max, he had it on his fiesta ST and he offered it to me, was just wondering if there is any chance that it would work on my 1.4 or if there was anything i had to do to make it work? OR if it was too big and would do more bad than good?

Any advice would be great,

Thanks

wow!!!! theres now jacko shaped dust on the sofa as he runs off to the scrapyard for 60mm mondeo throttle bodies!!!

Latest posts

Back