advice on buying a bigger car?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you read the start of the thread it says 3door or 5door i dont mind leaning through to put a baby seat in

Ah.. my mistake yet again.

When you said 3 door I assumed you meant a 3 door car (Otherwise known as a hatchback), not a booted 2 door car.

To be fair, I think that is splitting hairs.

Would agree though that if the Mondeo is on the list, then dismissing the X-type for anything other than aesthetic reasons isn't justified. They are often viewed as a car for older people though, similar to Merc's, and from PumaKid's username, I doubt he is in his 30's/40's.

Well Im 25 and I would happily have a X-Type, i think its a lovely car- smooth, comfortable, econmoical and well equipped

I'm older than that, but the right spec car would be lovely. I loved my Mk3, the X-type is a slightly smaller Mk3, with a better finish, aside from the styling preference, what's not to like? It is a personal preference though.

Scotty1.7 said:
Well Im 25 and I would happily have a X-Type, i think its a lovely car- smooth, comfortable, econmoical and well equipped
im 26 so dont think i could be seen in that jaguar x-type its for old men if it was a XK or XF then yes

x-types maybe nice cars but id rather have a bmw 3 series or audi A4

i think what i will do is go and view one and test drive it to get a honnest opinion because i might actually like them

if i bought one it would have to be a black one and buy some black alloys

i have this week off so will try and get a test drive a.s.a.p

You'll find it just like a Mondeo but quieter (They add extra sound deadening to the oil-burner Jaguars), and better handling.

Three grades. Make sure you try the SE. The 'Classic' is really basic, whilst the 'Sport' is just less trim on the exterior and slightly lowered and hardened suspension which improves the handling even further, but at the expense of the ride.

does something seem dodgy to you about this one????????????????

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201022360088777/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/model/x-type/make/jaguar/keywords/diesel/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/b321en?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i think i would like this

Interesting one.

An 'L' (no such model exists) so presumably a Classic yet with full leather.

Aircon it says, so no climate

I think the steering wheel controls indicate cruise, but I'm not certain; it's newer than my wife's and the wheel is different.

Well priced. Worth a look. Even if the clutch and dual mass flywheel are f*****d at that price it's a viable car.

Not a Classic, but a Sport Premium, the L means 2.0 Litres, unless I am missing something?

It does seem obscenely cheap though, so tread with great care.

seems dodgy that clocks been altered or its salvage car thats been fixed and hes failed to mention it

just checked the insurance and its the same £14 a month more than the puma insurance i pay so its the same as the bmw 318CI and mondeo ST tdci...

nice

Get an HPI check done, if that's clear it's a lot of car for not a lot of cash.

I'd expect to see that at about £6,500 - £7,500

They are not a popular car so have become a real bargain buy.

It's why I bought one.

Mine's an SE with most of the kit and was bought at less than four years old for £5,700 (All be it with 111,000 on the clock)

Really, if you see one for that price with 26k on the clocks let me know. I could sell it on for at least 3-4k profit the next day ;)

From Parker's who are known to underprice cars:-
2.0d Sport Premium 4d
2007/07 - 30,000 Miles
Original Price £26,500
Franchised Dealer £13,190
Independent Dealer £12,570
Private Good £11,695
Private Poor £9,825
Part Exchange £10,700

This might be more like it..

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1699743.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But those wheels are a horror show

yeah nice car that one im starting to like these in black but mileage is way to high my next car has to be newer and have less miles than my puma 80K

obviously the better the car the more miles its likely to have but ideally im looking at less than 40k which there are plenty of 2005 plate mk2 focus's and mk3 mondeos about with low mileage

i think bmw,lexus,jaguar,audi will all have over 80k for my £5000 budget but i will keep hunting

Back