Aftermarket seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstroi

Hi all, i thinking of buying aftermarket seats,what are the pitfalls, fitting etc? What about the seatbelt pre-tensioner whats the score with this, I read that disconnecting it causes a fault light on the dash which could lead to a mot failure. Any advice would be gratefully accepted

Hi :) the biggest issue is finding a sub frame for the seat you want. Most seat manefacturers make subframes, but some are verry expensive, the subframes for the recaros i had, were over 400£ per side :/

You might be able to adapt some cheeper onse to fit what ever seat you get, but what ever you do, remember that the sub frame is a safty feature, if you crash, you don't want it to fail, and throw you aroumd the cupe :)

You need the belt buckle, most sub frames wil alow you to fitt the one that is on Your old set, it is just atatched whit one screw. Manefacturers recomend usimg a New screw if refitting the tensioner, but some Lock tite should do the trick :)

Latest posts

Back