Attn newbies: BOGOF on Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilrob

You have probably found already that the Puma's headlights are gash.

Halfords tend to stick their posh Extreme Brilliance bulbs on offer from time to time, which are generally considered to be the least worst bulbs you can put in your Puma, and prohibitively expensive when not on offer. It would appear that they are currently on offer:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/link/

You need 4 x HB3 (9005EB) regardless of what they might try to tell you in the shop.

Yes, have to agree, the lighting you get out the front of the Puma is crap! The single headlight on my motorbike gives out better lighting than the Puma. Got to be one of the worst cars I've had for headlight quality. Down right dangerous driving at speed at night. I suppose thats what you get for having funky styled headlights! :cry:

Having said that, even with Halfords Bogof offer on....£50 for bulbs.....eh.....no thanks!

So that means just one thing......I'll just have to slow down at night!!!!! :)

I get mine from ebay, £9.95 for a full set, give off a bright white light and brighter than standard, used them in all my Pumas-the FRP had the extreme brilliance bulbs in when I got it and yes they were good but not £50 worth of good

have gone up slightly in price but for £15 who can argue lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100w-FORD-Puma-Xenon-White-High-Low-Bulbs-HB3-HB3-/200590104783?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb41a18cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

Hi Zara, how much of an improvement are these lightbulbs over the oe bulbs? The reason I ask is that they are only 10 watts per bulb more powerful (although admittedly, an extra 40 watts when on main beam)!

That said, they are definitely a more realistic price to pay when compared to Halfords light bulbs!

How long did they last once fitted? Did they cause you any problems at MOT time?

Back