Battery Isolator Switch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voa

More a question for the guys who are preparing there cars for the track.

Where is the best place to mount a battery isolator switch and how did you fit it? Where did you take the positive feed from to break the circuit was it on the ignition side or should this be a direct feed from the battery?

Not a problem as I am going to relocate my battery to the rear so will be running a new battery wire thru the car , so I will tap it off the new cable I will be running for the battery.

I guess if you ask the obvious you don't get an answer :p

Advice from a race marshal, make sure that the isolator switch is both visible and accessible to marshals

Yep, if you can put one in the dash and one in the scuttle panel between bonnet and windscreen. N/S of the car. The one in the car is the master so u can kill it if nessacery.

Battery - switch inside - switch outside - PowerPoint.

I used a vauxhall anti-roll bar link which is plastic and has an 8mm bolt on as a power point big bolt through it and screw it into the top of the g/box mount where the original bat tray mounts. Link your main live from the switch then everythin else.

Hope this helps voa.

Back