Bugger me! Some bastard has stolen my car!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIIVVX

Sandra was just leaving the house.

She came back in and shouted upstairs

"Where's the Toyota?"

The answer is.. we no longer know.

A couple of days back a guy called at the door enquiring about it, he said he wanted to buy it.

Last night he obviously came back and helped himself.

The really irritating things are

1) When we cleared out our office a few weeks back I put a lot of stuff in there. That's all gone.

2) It has a brand new water pump a few weeks back.

3) I now have a trailer I cannot use.

4) The car has a very strong sentimental history for me, it having belonged to a much loved Ex, who died two years ago.

When I've seen reports on here of cars being stolen or trashed I have always felt a little smug, living in almost crime-free rural Norfolk. Now it's happened to me.

Grrrrrrrr!

Picture129.jpg

GOD DAMN M0+H3R FUUK1NG B45+4RD5........ screw human rights..... the next government should give us the right to trash the scum on our streets. perhaps break a few of their limbs as an example. only then will they be afraid and be deterred from commiting crimes.

current situation in UK is like having bandits out in the streets taking and doing whatever they like in a village in ancient times and knowing the government protects them from retaliation.

I say round up a few other neighbours and when we get our hands on one of them, lynch him. the prisons are full so where are they going to put us?

There is little doubt where the perpetrators will be at this moment.

The pikey encampments at Mildenhall are an almost racing certainty.

The car will be in one of the nearby scrapyards they own.

really sorry to hear this :(
There are some right bastards out there who couldnt give a toss.....
I really hope you get it back as it means alot to you..

Bloody hell mate. The problem with cars from that era is theyre incredibly east to steal. Its only sort of post 1995/6 stuff that has electronic imobilsers as standard.

Sorry to here that.

I hate gyppo's. I dont care if its not pc, they contribute nothing to society, only take from it.

I will keep an eye out for water pumps on e-bay.

I had a brand new one fitted about six weeks back.

That's really crap mate :(

You'd imagine that car thieves just go after high value cars that will net them a tidy and fast profit in the pub. Maybe times have moved on financially that decent well maintained cars are easier to shift. Or that as you say, some scrap yard somewhere will be breaking it up.

Did you get a phone number / contact details for the guy that came to look at it?

Keep an eye open for toyota spares on ebay from east anglia people.

:fists:

They are just leaving Downham Market as we speak to look at the empty patch of roadside where it used to live.

police will only do a serious investigation if the case is big ie someone is dead or a few hundred thousand pounds are missing.

so, if i am not mistaken, the theives and robbers have gotten smart and commit small crimes so that police do not spend to much resources on the case.

gather crumbs and you will have a cake as they say. tossers and fuckers

Did the Carina run carbs or injection?

I'll bet if it ran on carbs it's been stolen specifically for banger racing... :-(

Yeah I remember you mentioned it can on cooking oil or something!

It's a sad loss to have that Toyota go walkies as it's the best kind of car in the purest sense- as a means of transport.

I'm sure if you have to you'll find a worthy replacement...my advice is stick with a Japanese-built model as they are overengineered and get something pre-1999 (though I guess you already knew that :D )

Replacing it the easy bit. It was just an old dog. But i know it meant something to you. In that sense it was irriplaceable.

XIIVVX said:
A bit under-engineered in the alarm and immobiliser department though :D

None of my older Jap motors were ever parked up without a Crooklock or Stoplock...curiously I never bothered with active security on my Cavalier...

The supply of mint older Japanese cars is drying up...thought they do still surface. If I had the space and money I would be buying them up in the thousands and storing them securely for the future.

I SO want a 1986-1990 Nissan Bluebird but they are all being wiped out through banger racing...one day I will find that elusive one elderly owner example with 10,000 miles on the clock in mint condition and start my collection :wub:

Did you get anywhere with the Police with this Rob?

Back