Can some one with an FRP front splitter help with something

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanosburgess

Hi I was wondering if anyone with an FRP front splitter could do me a favour, hopefully someone has one off the car at the moment, and would be able to get some a3 paper and tape it together and trace around the splitter to make a template for me, and also give a measurement for the thickness of the part.
I will be happy to pay for postage of the template.

I may well have a large amount of spare time on my hands shortly, and will be looking for projects to keep me busy, the plan is to get some wood (a few mm under thickness) cut to just under the size and shape of the splitter then way up a sheet of glass and lay down wet glass fibre cloth (probably two layers) then place the wood on to the cloth and fold over the wet glass fibre to seal in the wood.
this should give the part strength with some flexibility.
once it is all set, I will give the top a go over with a DA to get it smoothed down, the part will then be turned over so the surface that will be shown will have a glass finish.

Depending on how it turns out I would be happy to knock a few up for fellow project puma owners, and hopefully save people a lot of money and worry over using/ damaging original parts.
Please let me know if you can help, regards shane

not got one spare at mo sorry

sounds like the carbon s1600 splitter i have fitted....1 layer of twill 200g carbon fibre (with ford logo embossed in weave) over 12mm plywood!!!

plywood started to rot so replaced with 12mm domestic foam insulation and a bottom layer of heavier grade aerospace carbon twill

Have you got a picture of yours jacko? S1600 splitters... are much bigger than frp splitters... looks like you have wings sticking out the sides of the bumper.

about an inch either side....looks fine but then my wheels are wider too

for piccies just google 'jacko frp' or jackos frp'

its the red / blue one

Back