Carbon Doors

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenpenalver

I am in the process of making moulds for a puma door inner. Bit of an experiment and project for me. I can do satisfactory and strong small parts so moving up to bigger things.

I might make door skins but its probably not worth it when you can buy carbon door skins to order off nur motorsport for only a bit more money than it would cost me to make at very low volume.

Rather than spending loads commissioning a engineering place to make me up the metal hingeplate (and its associated folded steel door panel) i would hack up donor doors to get the same part. Im hoping mk4 fiesta has the same panel inside its door (lots of other pressings are the same) so its cheap and easy to raid scrappys as pumas still are rare in scrappys but we shall see.

would be moulded to order and you would specify if doors have holes drilled for door cards, window regulator rivet holes etc etc. You could also specify if you want a side impact bar at extra cost (and weight).

the prototypes would be wet lay up carbon with kelvar reinforcement panels with final doors i make being done with vacuum resin infusion to reduce the weight even more.
there is no rush as its a project that wont be finished until the beginning of summer.

Would be made to order only as and when i have time.

Any parts would be made on the understanding that its a non profit venture by a fellow car enthusiast and hence the parts would not be garaunteed 100% perfect cosmetically like a business might offer. Plus of course if you want cosmetic skins you can buy them elsewhere. Skins on puma doors are only bonded on with a mastic type sealant!!!! Parts would be at your risk, ie if you fit carbon doors with no side impact protection and you dont have a rollcage, then its not my fault if you get hurt in a side impact.

anyone likely to be interested??

meeee! as we've discussed tho itl be a while yet! but could def stretch to inner frame soonish and id do the skins later

Back