Central locking playing up what else can I try:(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly27

Got my puma a few weeks ago and noticed my central locking wa sluggish an you had to point key directly at the lock for it to lock and unlock....
Soooo my dad went and got me a new battery fitted and all seemed well BUT a few days later and now it wouldn't double lock then it wouldn't lock at all only unlock ....
Sooo thi morning tried the reprogramming everything flashed n beeped as per the instructions an now my key won't work at all :(

What do I do :(
ford are saying £100+ for them to sort it And I don't have that kicking around :(

Sounds like the buttons inside the fob have deteriorated.

My girlfriend has the same 3-button fob as the Puma, and the same happened to her. I took it apart and the buttons had come off the chip board. Place them back on and make sure the metal contacts are touching.

I literally fixed hers with a tiny bit of blue-tac and it works perfectly.

Here - I've whipped up a quick explanation in photoshop!

When you open up your key fob, you'll see your board. If one of the buttons has come off, just do this:

94234707.png

51180002.png

72855210.png

It's the same for any of the buttons on the board.

Give it a try. If it works, fix the button to the board by a more permanent means, but just be careful. Ford will charge about £100 for doing this (or so I've heard), and I managed to do it with a bit of blue-tack. If it works, who cares! You can't see it :)

Aww thanks for the help il give that a shot cuz I deffo ain't going to ford :( n yeah I tried pointing the key everywhere it doesnt work at all now :( x

That's okay!

Does sound like the buttons on the board - when you replaced your battery, you probably moved the chip around by doing so, making connections with the buttons again.

It's a relatively easy fix, just a bit fiddly! Let me know if all goes well and I'll try and help you out if not :)

Ok had a looky and all Is well with the circuit board nothing fallen of or outta place :) but the bad news is its something else now :( was gonna post a pic of it all but my laptop is playing up lol the only thing I did notice is the plastic thing that sits on top of the circuit board is broken so it just rests on top of the board hope this is making sense lol x

Carly27 said:
Ok had a looky and all Is well with the circuit board nothing fallen of or outta place :) but the bad news is its something else now :( was gonna post a pic of it all but my laptop is playing up lol the only thing I did notice is the plastic thing that sits on top of the circuit board is broken so it just rests on top of the board hope this is making sense lol x

I know what you mean, that's completely normal - my girlfriends key fob is exactly the same!

Hmm, not sure what else you could try I'm afraid. If nothing's out of place, and you tried a new battery and re-programming it... I've no idea :(

Back